The Big Jump

It's been quite a long time since I last talk about this, my past. After I told my parents I waited a few more years, I turned 13. Then 14. We had DCF in our lives for an accident that happened between my father and an old friend. And reasons I wish to not share. It was the day they were gonna close the case and leave our lives and it was late afternoon. Me and my dad went for a ride to go to the store and we talked about what happened to me.
"Do you want to tell the lady about what happened to you? They'll close this case and start one for you."

I could tell from his voice he was a little off. And I knew why, DCF had been trying to attack my family for years, possibly before I was born. We wanted them gone. I wanted to say yes, but as we pulled up in the drive way of our new house we had got to dad parked and sat in silence with me. He was waiting for an answer from me, I looked down and fiddled my fingers a little and tried to hold back the tears.
"No. Let's close this case and move on. I don't want it to continue anymore, dad."

Surprised he asked me again. "Are you sure you don't want to?"

I held myself together long enough to look at him in the eyes and smile. "Of course, I'll be fine. Let's go inside and end this okay?"