Chapter Eighteen: My Beautiful Girls (Jacob's Point of View)

"So, what do you think?" I asked as Taylor and Elizabeth walked into my childhood home.

It was not in too good of a condition, having been vacant for years since Nessie and I moved out when Taylor was just one year old.

"It looks so cool, daddy. Almost like we're on vacation!" Lizzy smiled, breathing in the cabin smell. I could tell she was upset because she had already grown out of the word "daddy".

Taylor sat down at the wooden table-one of the few pieces of furniture remaining. Seeing her sitting there, at that same table she sat and ate at for the first year of her life, I began to remember the day we left-almost like it was yesterday.

All of our luggage was packed in my old, rusty green truck, and Nessie was sitting at the table with Taylor, who was finishing her breakfast-a bowl of Frosted Flakes. To me, they seemed as if they should be in a commercial or on the cover of a magazine.

"Are my two beautiful girls ready to go?" I asked, smiling. They meant the world to me,-my beautiful wife and our little daughter-and I was beyond grateful that they were in my life.

Taylor glanced up at me through her long eyelashes, a tiny drop of milk rolling down her chin. "Daddy, I don't wanna go," she whined, making my heart ache just a little bit.

"I know, sweetie... I'm so sorry, but we have to," Renesmee crooned as she sadly ran her fingers through Taylor's long brown locks.

There was a quick but hesitant knock on the door. One that I knew only my best friend, Bella, could pull off.

"Come in, Bella," I called in a regular tone, knowing she would hear me perfectly.

The door opened quietly, and she was in the room in no time.

"Grandmaaaaa!!!!!" Taylor shrieked as she jumped off of her seat and into Bella's arms.

"Hello my little Taylor!" Bella gave her a little kiss on the cheek, then turned to face me. "How'd you know it was me?" she asked with a small, innocent smile and one-armed hug, still supporting Taylor in the other.

"Just a guess," I replied with a wink, which certainly would have left her blushing a few years before.

Nessie beamed at the sight of her mother. "Hey, mom!"

"Hello, my little Renesmee." Bella said, planting a kiss on her forehead. "I just stopped by to make sure you didn't need any help."

"We're fine, but thanks," I decided, glancing around at the empty shelves of the soon-to-be-empty house.

"Are you leaving soon?" she questioned with a hint of sadness.

"Whenever Ness and Taylor are ready," I answered, turning to smile at Renesmee. I could still remember how beautiful she looked in that moment... Her chocolate brown eyes, long and curly bronze hair, and the way she blushed and smiled when she was surrounded by family never failed to make me want to run across the room and hug her tightly, never letting her go.

But that was the past, and now she was gone. But not for long. I was going to find her if it was the last thing I would do.

I felt a small hand on my shoulder. "Daddy, are you okay?"

I wiped a tear as it streamed down my face, knowing I would not be able to bear it if either of my daughters saw. I needed to be strong. For them, for the Cullens, and for my Renesmee. "Yeah, sweetie. I'll be okay."

"You know I love you. Right, daddy?"

"Of course. And I love you too, and I always will. Forever."

{Should I do more in Jacob's point of view? Should I do a chapter in Bella, Edward, Renesmee, or Elizabeth's point of view?}