Chapter 22: It All Ends in Tears and Wars.

There isn't much I remember about what happened after that, but I'll try and fill in the blank spaces.

The last thing I remember was feeling Omega reds life force at my fingertips. It called to me like a sickness in its own right. Warm to the touch, and intoxicating to my mind. I lusted for his death. A dense gold hue enveloped my body. One that I'd never felt before, and it was cold. I desired and hated the feeling. The sheer force of my power clouded my mind as I reached out to take hold of his vitality.

With my hands outstretched I made the motion of pulling all his energy towards me, almost like transferring his own remaining life to my body. I could hear him choking, and asking for mercy as he dropped Logan beside him. His face sunk in, like the years of his life were being drained from him in seconds. He fell to his knees crawling and begging for me to stop. I didn't let go I wanted to taste death, I had an unrelenting want and desire for his continued pain and suffering.  "Please..... I...." He begged again.

Then... It all ended.

Everything went white, then I woke up to Logan coughing and wheezing. I quickly glance where Omega Red once stood, a pile of dust now remained. The tendril of Omega red was still in his body. He couldn't heal with it still in him. Which confused me, since his healing factor had come back. I knelt down to cradle his head. As soon as I came to him, fire seemed to rain down from the heavens. Pieces of burned buildings started to collapse all around us.

The fire is so hot, it burns just thinking about it.

Just a few blocks away I could hear

Scott yelling some team formation mumbo-jumbo.

I peered down again, explosions could be heard in the distance now. The military must've gotten clearance to wipe out New York. 

Everything is so deafeningly loud, and bloody. God there's so much blood, so much... how did this happen?

Logan gasped for breath, coughing up more blood in the process. His eyes opened. Those beautiful ocean blue eyes.

My eyes in turn were filled with tears. I could see the pain he was in, and I could see the light fading from him. Franticly I started working to save him.

"Logan, stay with me ok?!" I pulled out the coil from his side. Earning a yell of pain in return. More blood continued to pool from the wound, surrounding us in nothing but red.

I couldn't stand to see him like that. I let the tears start rolling down my face.

The tears, they're stinging my face, like an acid.

I ripped apart his shirt pushing the wadded fabric against his flesh.

"I don't understand why you're not healing!" I said to myself, but Logan was listening. He laughed, but a cough came after. "Omega Red had an experimental metal in his body. Its the only thing that can stop my healing factor in a one on one fight. Looking back, he might've given himself to Doctor finch. For research." He coughed again. I gripped his shoulders. My fingers pushed into his skin to make him pay attention to me, hoping he'd hang on a little longer. "Logan come on, you've been through worse." Tears continued to fall. I felt like there was nothing I could do.

He reached up, his hand drenched dark red. His eyes now dimmer than before, but his smile just as sweet. "You've never been more beautiful." He swallowed, his voice becoming dry. "I'm not sure if I can cheat death this time darlin'."

I completely broke at his words. Shutting my eyes I fell into his chest, his scent mixing with tears, smoke, and blood. Then, I noticed he felt cold. "LOGAN DON'T YOU DARE GO ANYWHERE! We can get you home, JUST STAY WITH ME!" I wiped my face clean of tears, smearing blood on my cheeks and forehead in the process.

I summoned all the strength my body would give me. I had to save him, no one else in the world mattered now. He grabbed my hand gently. It was ice cold. He didn't have much time left. "Don't waste anymore of your time with me red.... This is what you signed up for, remember? Don't waste your time..." His eyes slowly started to close, my biggest fear was becoming reality.

"LOGAN DON'T YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES! LOGAN?! LOGAN!!"

Rage mingled with sadness and hatred. I had to save him. My palms grew warm. A feeling I was accustom too, and something I had missed. I looked to the sky, praying that God would give me the strength and power to help. I touched his wound, I could feel his muscles stitching back together his skin becoming heated under my hand. I felt my limbs grow heavier the longer I touched him. I felt weary and exhausted. I wanted to stop. I kept going till everything was sewn up on him and nothing bled. But he remained still, like a corpse when all had been done.

"Logan?..." A lump formed in my throat cutting off anything I had wished to say after his name. "Please don't leave me... Not yet at least. We.... we still have so much ahead of us. I was thinking after we got married, we could move to Canada part time. Get you away from the city most of the year, maybe buy a cabin with a view of a mountain range. Maybe we could have a few kids and we could, run around in the yard during summer. You could help put them to bed, and we'd take turns reading to them... Oh Logan.. Oh Logan!!!"

Everything fell apart after that. I didn't care anymore. I wailed in the night while ash and fire continued to rain from the skyline. I remember repeating "I love you, I love you...." Over and over again, begging him to come back to me. Never have I felt such despair, and such bitterness as I did that night. I wanted nothing more than to lay next to him and die myself. At least we would've been together, and at peace....

 At least we would've been together, and at peace

In my sorrow, I thought I heard breathing. Was madness and grief setting in on me already? I swept away the tears, leaving tracks in the dried blood that I had unwittingly smeared across my entire face. I sniffed away the last of my sadness. I felt my eyes becoming swollen and puffy. Feeling my heart beat in my head didn't help but reinforce the fact that I had cried harder than I ever had before.

I heard a deeper breath this time, and the rising of his chest. His color began return. "This... This is impossible. I'm not that powerful." I inched closer, putting my head on his chest. I heard a beating heart against his chest. I listened to perfect breathing, it sounded like a symphony.

I lifted my head. I placed both my hands on the sides of his head running my thumb over his beard in a soothing rhythm. "Please, open your eyes so I can see them again. Just this once, My Wolverine."

His eyes drifted open like a lost soul wondering where he was. Those deep ocean eyes looked back at me again with utter gentleness and disbelief.

"Hey... I know you." The gruff voice seeming like the sweetest things I had ever heard. His smile of thankfulness and life set my spirit ablaze I Fell into him one last time weeping for joy. Thank God for this miracle that was my husband, the Wolverine.