Chapter 1: Welcome Back

Everyone's just standing there, looking. The fire is so hot, it burns just thinking about it. The street is so hard and in shambles. Scott's yelling some team formation mumbo-jumbo. People are screaming for help. Everything is so deafeningly loud, and bloody. God there's so much blood, so much... how did this happen? It seems impossible. "Logan, stay with me ok?!" The tears, they're stinging my face, like an acid. "Logan come on, you've been through worse." It's like I'm not even there, and yet I feel everything. His hands are red, just red, completely stained a dark crimson. His normally dark blue eyes are growing cold, like gray stone on a mountain side. He's coughing, the kind before the end. "I'm not sure if I can cheat death this time darlin'." God, why did he have to say that?! "LOGAN DONT YOU DARE SAY THAT! We can get you home, JUST STAY WITH ME!" He's so cold, ice cold. "LOGAN DONT YOU DARE CLOSE YOUR EYES! LOGAN?! LOGAN!!"

 "LOGAN DONT YOU DARE CLOSE YOUR EYES! LOGAN?! LOGAN!!"

My eyes opened slowly to my dark room. This morning was grey, gloomy and cloudy. It felt like it had something to do with that terrible dream, er, Nightmare I guess. I sat up slowly. I can't believe I can still feel ghost pains of that gun shot, I've tried to heal that sucker for a month, nothing but time seems to help it along. Doing anything since that night hurts. Walking, climbing up ladders, and of course trying to get back into shape. After I woke up, Logan's been distant. Actually he hasn't been home the last month. I can't help but feel responsible for what he's going through, that dream makes me feel worse about this whole situation. What could it mean? I guess one thing to get my spirits up is the holidays. I'll be leaving for home soon for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see everyone again. I miss my parents, and my other siblings. "Man would they freak if I brought Logan home." Thinking that made me shake my head happily in amusement. Seems like I just got here, some days I'm still trying to figure out the whole mutant thing. Let alone be a responsible adult. "I'd better get up, everyone's gonna check in on me if I don't." I remark as I slowly get up. "OW, GOOD GOD!! Must've pulled one of the stitches by accident. Again." I winced. I put my hand to the wound. "Yep, sure did. Dang it, that's the third one this week." I say, looking at the little drip of blood I had on my finger. "Guess I'd better go see Hank...." I put on an over shirt and down to medbay I went. As I made my way down the corridor, I realized that maybe Logan being gone for awhile was for the best, things I think we're moving a little to fast for him, and maybe myself as well. The elevator opened up and started to descend into the 'basement' of the school. As the door opened I lazily approached the lab, where I was fairly certain that Hank would be there. The door opened and there sat the blue furry beast at his microscope, not far from him was my sister Kk, 'The savage Grim.' Helping him with whatever supplies he needed.  I slowly came in, still in my baggy pajama pants, T-Shirt and over shirt. "Thought I'd find you guys here." I smiled still slightly feeling the pulled stitch. "Good morning Madelynn. Sleep well?" Hank asked not even looking up from his project. "Yeah, just had a weird dream." I answered back. "Really? What was it about?" My sister asked perking herself up waiting to listen. I sat down on a stool at Hanks lab table next to Kk. "It was odd, everything was on fire, a city was in shambles." I paused for a moment. "And someone was, dying in my arms." A tear found its way to my eye, now that was really strange. "Well, as weird as that is I'm sure that nothing more then a dream." Kk said back. "Maybe you're just stressed and working through some issues, I would be if my boyfriend left me for an entire month." She added. "Hey!" Hank exclaimed finally looking up from his cells or microorganisms he had on that tiny sheet of glass. "I was just kidding!" Kk giggled back. Those two are always kidding with each other, it's amazing they're not married yet. I smile, watching them playfully bicker. A sharp pain finds its way to my wound again. "OW!" I hiss in discomfort. Kk turns her head towards me. "You ok?" I nod. "Yeah, just ripped one of my stitches again. That's actually why I'm down here. I need a patch job hank." I say smiling to try to get through the stinging of the stitch. "One moment Madelynn. I'll go get the stitches, you go ahead and sit on the table while you wait." He said as he walked out of the lab. Kk watched as I propped myself up onto the counter space of the table. "So has Hank figured out why I can't heal this wound?" I asked. "Not yet, he was actually working on it as you came in." She said as she was getting cleaning alcohol down from a shelf. "He said the bullet he pulled from you has a special alloy, that's all he's found out so far. Might have something to do with chemical makeup in the X gene." Hank came back in with the mini Medkit. "Alright Madelynn you know the drill." Hank said setting the kit down next to me. "Ugh, unfortunately." I laid down and lifted my shirt from the area of the gun shot wound. "You need to be more cautious Madelynn, you could've ripped open the entire injury this time. What were you doing?" Hank asked as he started to take out the stitch. "I jumped out a window then, *Ow*, landed on a pile of rocks." I explained back sarcastically. Hank seemed more then a little annoyed at my reply. "Well you need to be more careful, the more you rip these things out, the longer it'll take to heal." Hank explained again for the millionth time. "I know Hank, I'm just not used to this anymore. I can usually heal myself in an instant. This is just inconvenient." I stated bluntly. "Well, we all have our weaknesses. Do you want anything to grip while I sew this up?" "No I can do it this time." "Alright." As hank put the needle through my skin I wished I had just died that night, it'd be way easier if that bullet had just done me in. "GOD WHY DOES THIS HURT SO MUCH?!" I shouted. "Well it's not supposed to tickle." Kk remarked. "I outta kick you so har- *OW* HANK!" "Sorry that was my fault. Although it would help if you'd stop moving." Hank remarked. "Ugh, sorry Hank."
"And that should just about do it." Hank said cutting off the extra thread. I put my shirt back over the wound and got off the table. "Thanks Hank, sorry that happened, again." I said smiling as little as I could. "Just be more careful, that's all I ask." Hank said cleaning and putting away the supplies he just used. "I will, I will. I'll see you guys at breakfast." I said waving bye as I walked out of the lab.

I walked out and glanced at the garage, there was someone moving. A smile found its way to my face, imagining who it was. The figure, while being muscular and manly was not who I was expecting. The man took off a helmet. "Scott?" I asked a little confused as I saw the ruby quarts sunglasses. Scott's head whipped in my direction. "Hey Maddie." He grinned. "You doing alright? You know given." Scott said referring to the gunshot wound. "Yeah, I just actually had to have Hank help patch me up. I ripped another stitch." I admitted. Scott took off his jacket and swung it over his shoulder. "Be careful, alright? We still want you around." He joked as we both walked out.

We continued to walk together through the teachers dorms

We continued to walk together through the teachers dorms. As I came onto my room I waved bye to Scott for now. I took off my over shirt and thew it towards my bed, but it hit something. I looked up to find my, boyfriend? Just standing there. "Logan? what're you doing in here? I thought we made the no 'bedroom' rule clear. " I said sarcastically. "Thats what you have to say to me? After I've been gone for a month?" He smirked as I came closer. "Guess I was wrong, maybe I'm not moving too fast for you." I smiled as I walked towards him. "And why do you say that, Darlin'? " "Because, you're back with me." I remarked. He didn't waste any time, quickly pulling me into a heated kiss. I slowly pulled away to look up into his eyes. "Welcome back, Wolverine." I added. "You miss me red?" He said with that dang grin still on his face. "No not at all." I sarcastically smirk.