85- Getting Prepared

Start from the beginning

"Prom dresses." We replied in sync.

"Oh! Here!" My mom said, looking through her phone case/wallet and grabbing her credit card.

"No, mom. I can't." I told her.

"You will take this and you will use it. On both you and Lilli." She sternly said.

"No, we can't." Lilli said, standing by my side.

"How much did you spend on Christmas gifts this year?" My dad asked, looking me in the eye.

I shrugged,

"Maybe just over three hundred?"

"In total?" My mother asked.

I shook my head,

"Per person."

"Makes sense..." My father trailed off at the end.

"You will take my card, just don't spend over a thousand." My mother repeated.

I glanced at my dad, he nodded as if he was saying 'take it'.

I sighed and took it.

"You boys will take my card and get your suits." My dad said, turning around and pointing at the boys.

"Okay." They replied in sync.

"Now, get going you two! Send me pictures of the dresses that you pick." My mother ushered us out of the front door.

"We're goin'." I told her as me and Lilli left the house and went over to my car.

"Are you sure that you wanna go today? You haven't seen your parents in forever." Lilli asked me as we got into my car.

I nodded,

"Yeah, they'll probably be here most of the week."

Lilli sighed,

"Okay..."

"Should we go to the local mall? Or out of town to another mall?" I asked, pulling out of the driveway.

"Out of town. There's better stores." Lilli replied.

Alright, here we go...

~~~

We pulled up to a dress store that I've never heard of-but Lilli insisted on coming here.

I feel terrible using my moms card. I don't want to be that girl that uses her parents money and buys her prom stuff.

I hate this-not shopping for prom-but how I'm going to buy my things.

But I really like how my parents are up to buy Lilli and Kyle stuff too. But, we all know that when Lilli's parents find out, they'll pay my parents back. And if Kyle's dad finds out, he'll try-but he and money are not on the best terms right now.

I parked near the doors and I shut the car off.

"I can't bring myself to use that card." Lilli said, gesturing to my mothers credit card in my cup holder.