70- I Love You

"So what is it?" I questioned.

"Appendicitis. We need to get you into surgery immediately." He told me as two nurses came in. They came over to my bed and put an IV in my arm as well as a heart monitor.

"Right now?" Lilli asked.

"Yes, it is extremely infected right now. We need to remove her appendix before it ruptures." The doctor told Lilli in a calm voice.

They began wheeling me out of my room, I handed Lilli my phone while she looked at me with worry.

"Call Noah and Kyle." I told her. She nodded as she sat back down on the couch beside my back of clothes, still clutching my phone in her hand.

Appendicitis is a serious condition, but I didn't think I would get it.

They quickly wheeled me through hallways, doorways, and eventually into the most sterilized room I have ever seen.

An Operating Room. A surgery room.

They moved me onto another bed, but instead, this one was in the middle of the OR.

Each and every person in the room began hooking different machines up to my body, but one lady in particular noticed how frightened I was.

She walked over and said,

"It's okay. You're in good hands. They're just hooking up the usual vital machines."

I nodded, calming down a bit.

One specific needle that went into my left arm hurt, but it wasn't even a needle.

You know those charging adapters that people buy for their laptops? That's what this needle looked like. One thing was in my arm, then a needle was attached to it.

I guess they really did want to make this quick.

"Alright, Kaytlyn. Can you count down from ten for me?" The same lady who talked to me a few minutes ago said.

I nodded and kept my focus on her.

"Ten... nine... eight... sev..en-," my numbers continued getting quieter, but then darkness came over me and I was out like a light.

~~~

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

Well that's annoying.

Without opening my eyes, I knew I was in the hospital room after my surgery.

Wow, surgery. I've never had surgery up until now. But I'm glad I got it over with.

Appendicitis is when my appendix gets swollen and infected, and if it ruptures, it will spread infection all throughout my abdomen. Let's just hope the doctors got it out before that happened.

Other than my heart monitor beeping, I heard a few different continuous-and quick-tapping noises. A foot tapping.

I slowly opened my eyes, but the brightness of the room hurt my eyes and I quickly closed them again.

I kept them closed for a few moments before opening them again, and the light wasn't as bad.

My curtain was not closed, so I saw everyone in the room.

Hunter... Noah... Kyle... Dar-hold on.

I mentally groaned, why are they all in here! I'm not fucking crippled. I'm not broken. I'm not dead. Why do they all need to be in here.