"I can't marry her."

"Give me one genuine reason. Otherwise don't expect me to defend you."

"I don't want to get married. Not as of now. Every time I think of it, your failed marriage comes back to my mind. And I am not as strong and capable as you Baba. You tolerated what she did to you. But I don't have that patience neither the temper. I don't want to hurt Dania later in life. I am scared of that. And until I am ready to face all this, I can't marry her."

"Azlan, you are comparing your mother with Dania?"

"No. I am comparing myself with my mother."

"Then, you are doing it wrong. Azlan, she is expecting your child. There is no other solution but that you both get married immediately. When the world gets to know about her pregnancy, her honour, your character and your child's identity will be questioned. It will be doubted. How can you let this happen knowing exactly that you can prevent it all?"

That silence was back again. He said nothing in response and Behraam was getting upset. So, he tried one more time.

"You are not just being cruel to yourself and Dania, but you are also being cruel to the little angel who had no say in all this. Pre-marital relationships can never be justified, and I am not going to defend the both of you on this, ever. But, humans are humans because they make mistakes and the best ones are those who learn from them. And right now, it is Dania who is accepting her flaw unlike you, which leaves me as an ashamed father.

What you two did was your fault, not the child's. Just for once, think of this. You want to leave your child alone in this awful world? You want to leave the Dania alone to face all the consequences alone when the both of you were equally responsible? If you marry her, everything will work, everything will fit. But if you abandon her now, you will regret it for your whole life, Azlan. Please, for your child's sake, don't be this heartless."

Something was forming in his eyes. Something glassy, making his vision blurry. Maybe it was tears. They didn't drop but they made an appearance in his eyes. He still hadn't changed his mind, but his father had broken the first wall hoping more would follow through. But there was a still long way to go and that's why he would be too late by then.

-------------

"I want to move out of Karachi. I can't live here with what's going on."

Ali and Amaraah exchanged looks with each other and then they looked back at Dania.

"But, we are here for you. Why the need to go anywhere else? We will raise this child, here. In this house, under everyone's protection. Everything will be fine."

"I am not doubting your support Maa and Baba, but this is risky. Everyone here knows I am not married and for how long it will be a secret that I am expecting. It is better if I went to a different city and start afresh. Please, let me."

Amaraah looked at Ali who still wasn't satisfied but she gave him an assuring look and then sat beside Dania and placed her hand on hers.

"If this is what you want to do, do it. We won't restrain you. But always know, that you aren't alone. You have your family with you always. No matter where you go."

Dania gave her a tired and painful smile and then hugged her.

"Thankyou for understanding. I know my previous decisions have not been less of disappointment, but I promise I won't embarrass you all again."

"Stop it with this, will you? Right now, he is more wrong than you and that's disappointing. You are my warrior. My fighter and I am proud of you."

"I have one more request."

"What is it?"

Ali had asked raising an eyebrow.

"Azlan shouldn't find out that I am going away. I don't want anything to do with him. He lost it all."

"But Dania..."

"No. Please."

"Okay. As you say."

--------------

A week later, Dania boarded the flight to Islamabad. Amaraah's sister, Saira was going to look after her and Dania would stay with her. Saira got to know off everything from Amaraah and she understood the complication of the situation and allowed Dania to come to her for the crucial months of her pregnancy.

"Make yourself feel comfortable here. If you need anything, I am here okay?"

"Thank you, aunty."

"I am just like your mother so never feel hesitant to talk to me about anything. Life is tough now, but as Allah assures his people that after every hardship, there is ease. So, you will come out of all this strong and safe too. Just never lose hope."

Dania gave her a faint smile and hugged her.

For now, this was good. The feeling that he was nowhere near her which meant there was less to remember of their time spent together. She preferred it this way now. And even she couldn't believe how she wanted to forget him and everything about him.

But the tiny life growing inside her every day was a constant reminder that she was his. Always was and always will be despite how far and separated they were.

-------------

"Congratulations on the success of the film, Azlan."

Him and Kunwar were at a producers' dinner where his recent film release was the talk of the town. He just smiled but it was a fake one. He wasn't happy. After Baaghi, this film was also a success but unlike before, he wasn't celebrating it. His heart wasn't at peace and he couldn't help but feel restless.

Maybe thinking about one's own errors and flaws is never easy. He had been thinking about his and it wasn't settling well with him. The realisation was pain striking but he was adamant to not pay a heed to it. But he can't avoid it for long. He would have to admit that he was wrong at some point to right all the wrongs.

-------------

Feedback!

How are we finding it?

Just an insight: the next couple of chapters will focus on Azlan's emotional state and his realisation process alongside some sneak peek to how Dania is progressing in Islamabad.