Resigning

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting everyone on the previous part ♥️

Thank you so much for leaving your vulnerable feedbacks and encouraging me to continue ♥️🥰😘

This time I made it on time ;)

Part 5: Resigning

The sun rises, painting a beautiful orange view in the light blue sky. The sun rays fall on Omkara's face, who had slept on his green couch that was near the window, blocking the light by placing his hand in front of his face. He drops a pen on the floor, yawning and sitting up. Soon after he opened his eyes, blinking around slowly, realising he had slept on the couch last night.

"O. Are you awake?" He heard Rudra knock on the door and rubbed his eyes. "Yeah." He cleared his throat and tried again "Yeah." And this time his voice was pronounced clearly, signalling Rudra to walk inside.

Rudra opened the door and entered, glancing at Omkara. "O, didn't you feel comfortable on the bed?"

"Shut up Rudra!" He retorted, snapping his finger after a yawn.

"I came here to tell you that Daadi's waiting for you downstairs, she wouldn't let me get out of the house until she told all of us something. Please hurry, I'm getting late for college."

"Since when did you become interested in college?"

"From the beginning." Rudra sarcastically replied, giving Omkara a unpleasant smile before exiting the room.

Omkara sighed, standing up in order to move himself to get changed, so he can head down to the hall.

*

"Yes Mrs Sharma, if that's okay with you?"

"Aunty Ji, I don't mind buy a week?"

"Please, I know it's a little early but I'm keen to make Gauri my Om's wife, I don't want to delay it."

"Okay Aunty Ji, I'll make arrangements."

"Thank you so much." Kalyani Singh Oberoi, the Daadi of O-Brothers utters with a wide smile, disconnecting the phone.

"What did she say Mummy Ji?"

"She agreed, now we need to make arrangements." Daadi responds to Jhanvi, who curls a smile.

"That's great." Jhanvi happily expresses and then curls a faint smile, starting to think about something which Daadi notices.

"Jhanvi, what are you thinking about?"

"Mummy Ji, finally Om would be happy after many years. I really hope this marriage will bring happiness for him." Daadi nods, agreeing with what Jhanvi had said.

"Don't worry Jhanvi Aunty, Gauri is one in a kind of gem, I met her and I know for sure that she would keep our Om very happy." Anika uttered, bringing a tray of snacks on the dining table on where Daadi and Jhanvi were sat.

Jhanvi and Daadi pass a smile to Anika.

"What happened Daadi, Badi-Mom. Why did you call all of us here so early?" Shivaay asked, after walking into the dining room, fixing his watch.

Jhanvi, Daadi and Anika look up at him, seeing Rudra and Priyanka walk inside after Shivaay.

**

"What? Marriage in a week?"

"Yes, even I was surprised but they were in a hurry."