Ask and you shall Receive

Jiwon:

"He can now see others now?!?!" the Guardian blasted while he rubbed his temples, looking like he can't understand what went wrong.

"Guardian, there's a heavy feeling inside me that I can't shake off. Is this a bad omen? Is this the reason why those demons were there? Were they really after our mortal?" I asked.

He suddenly looked at me, as if remembering something.

"You're right. We'll have to talk to the Elders. Their wisdom will help us. But we'll have to travel and ask the Keepers first. We need to know if anything had changed in your mortal's fate." He explained. "I didn't think we'd have to look for answers like this but I don't think this a problem we can just solve without help anymore. If your mortal becomes worse and discovers the darkness, you will all be pulled into it with him." The Guardian said which made me hope that the two were taking care of Jinhwan without my presence.

"If we head to the Keepers, we'll be able to see what will happen in the future. Knowing that will help us know the time we can work on." The Guardian said, he pulled a collection of keys from his suit and poked it on the floor before twisting it.

"No matter what, keep your eyes on the present. Do not look at the past or the future. They are quite... troublesome." He said before finally pulling the key.

A square formed from the ground and that piece came up with the key that the Guardian pulled. Stairs were revealed under the square door that he had opened. He put the keys back in his suit and started walking down. I followed right after.

It was a dark place. No light was in sight. I was actually amazed that the Guardian knew where he was going. I wasn't sure if this was a hallway or just an infinite space. I wasn't even sure if I was going the right way and if I really was just behind the Guardian.

It was a long walk but soon I saw flickering lights in the distance. I headed to where the lights were and saw candles of all kinds scattered around the place. There were floating ones, there were also some that were on the floor that looked like they were being carried by an invisible river. Candles were all over the place and I noticed three beautiful women fiddling with different candles.

They were all wearing a white dress that seemed to move like water. It was odd seeing it. Aside from that, their long white hair also moved like they were all underwater. With their fair skin and bright faces, I kept thinking if they also looked alike. I didn't even notice that I was already leaning my body closer to them. I wrinkled my forehead as I stared at them but the Guardian suddenly stepped in front of me after nudging me.

"The woman with the longest hair is the past. The woman is the shortest hair is the future." He whispered.

I looked again. Seriously I know I have small eyes but this is impossible. I really couldn't spot the difference because their hair kept swaying like they were swimming. How am I supposed to differentiate the past, the present and the future when they all looked the same?!

This is too much for my innocent mind. Well... *clears throat*

The ladies turned their heads towards us when they heard me clear my throat. I immediately looked down, still unsure who the present among them is.

"The one in the middle." The Guardian whispered again, as if hearing the chaos in my head.

I looked up and saw that the three ladies are now seated in front of us. Their once flowing hair and dress were now steady and in place. I looked at the lady in the middle and making sure not to make eye contact with the other two.

"We need to know if anything has changed in a mortal's fate." The Guardian said.

Although I was concentrated on the lady in the middle, I was sure that the lady on the left looked offended at what the Guardian said.

"There has been a change due to an unintentional... problem." The Guardian explained.

"Caused by...?" I heard one of them say. Their icy voices were quite intimidating especially since this is my first time seeing them.

"Angels intervened." The Guardian said and the ladies sighed with a hum.

It seemed like they were humming to each other. But the Guardian turned around to look at me.

"They're discussing whether to help us or not. You need to say your mortal's name." he said before turning back again to the ladies.

"Kim, Jinhwan." I said out loud while looking at the lady in the middle.

They stopped humming and the lady in the middle tilted her head to the side before looking at me. It looked like it was going to be a staring contest and truth be told I can at least hold myself better than most. Unless she doesn't have normal eyes then I'm doomed. What am I going to do?!

"Target for the sight. 12 movements before the third sun... Darkness slithers closer when abundance of light is lost..." I heard someone say. I was about to look when the Guardian suddenly spoke. "I thank your help and guidance great Keepers."

He bowed and I immediately bowed as well. He turned his back and them and so did I.

"Good work. Now, we have to talk to the Elders." The Guardian said before pulling his keys again and opening another door.

~~~***~~~

Hello everyone!

I apologize for the short update but just wanted to put this out before the longer one.

Anyway, thank you for reading this fic even if it's weird.

Hope you guys like it. Enjoy!

-Kim