Chapter 3 - Hunters

AVA

Humming a merry tune, I made breakfast for my little pups, though they aren't that small anymore. I needed to butter them up for the topic of conversation I wanted to have. My babies were the best, but hated their fathers. I tried my best to make sure they didn't despite my own hate for them. Their note that they had left me on the table broke my heart and it's only because I never confronted them again that I was alive.

Their note was enough for a partial rejection but due to the fact that they didn't use my name and never rejected me in their presence, I was able to keep going. Josh, Chris and now the Smith Organization was helpful like that. My friends had helped us settle down and now all of us were involved in something more to help others. I guess it's my destiny as I had been destined to be a Luna whose job is to help care for the pack.

The Smith Organization was just an idea of mine from after I gave birth. Josh and Chris however ran with it. First by the time the triplets were 2, we set up a legit human business to cover up future supernatural dealings for rogues. Josh and Chris had tried to keep me out of the next step. They had set up a human mafia by the time my babies were 5. They hid it for a year, but I finally confronted them and they admitted to it. When my babies were 7, we had managed to become a known rogue Organization that functions like a pack.

Sadly, this also put a target on our backs. Mostly because we protected everyone. If you are human who knows about the supernatural, we would take you. A Hunter that wants to escape his lifestyle, we welcomed them. A werewolf, vampire, fairy or even half-breeds, we would take them in. Of course, there was the rule that if you broke a serious rule instead of being kicked out, you would be killed.

The thing that got us the most hate from the Alpha Kings was that we protected witches. Witches and warlocks have been hunted for their power for ages. If they give up their power to someone, they are forced into servitude into their death. The Alpha Kings were obsessed with that and resulted in quite literally a witch-hunt. I didn't believe in that. Witches were tortured to force them to give up their power and most often killed. 

Our first witch was Moira who escaped after they had killed her mate and child. Her family tracked her here and joined us as well. Now, she has a second chance mate and is doing better. However, by doing that, the Alpha Kings hated us even more. They kidnapped my pups when they were seven. My intelligent babies escaped thanks to their training, but that was the first time they took someone's life.

Now, they were all 16 years old, having shifted into their wolf for the first time at 12 due to their Alpha blood. The Smith Organization grew and now we have branches all over the world: Russia, Japan, France. . . 

On the topic of my pups, they were a handful in their own right. Since we are hiding among the humans, I was forced to send them to public school. It took Emma two weeks to get suspended and later expelled from that school. She got into too many fights because the human boys thought she was "weak" because she was a girl. Emma was much too prideful and took them down. Jackson and Ethan weren't bothered because it was normal for boys. I nearly killed the principal for this.

In the end, I home schooled them and was therefore able to give them more training here. Emma has every intention of inheriting the Smith Organization. Ethan and Jackson are less interested but I know why. They were meant to be the next Alphas of Blood Moon after their fathers. It's in their blood. And that's the subject I want to talk about. It isn't going to go well.

Speaking of the devils, I heard the arrival of my babies. As they are teenagers and came back from an assignment last night, they are taking their sweet time, not morning people. Emma sniffed the air and muttered, "Food."