GREASE IS THE WORD

Börja om från början

In the background of the two, who were posing together rather dramatically, stood a sunset, painted on a white sheet that spreaded out across the entire stage. Sounds of waves crashing on rock filled the ,now, silent room. There were two single towels stretched on the floor.

''Don't talk that way  Sandy.'' Peter took his finger to raise Rita's chin to his face. He brushed their noses together. 

''But it's true.'' Rita said turning her back on Peter. ''I've had the best summer of my life and now I have to go away. It isn't fair.'' Ceased the talking she felt Peter's hands wrap around her waist. 

They had gone over that same scene hundreds of times and still, Rita felt as if it was the first time. Her stomach filled with butterflies that hungrily awaited for more of his touch. 

''I know, but listen it's not the end.'' He smirked once he, himself turned Rita to him. His hands cupping her face. 

''It's not?'' She looked hopeful. 

''No. This is only the beginning.'' 

Peter said that and the curtains started to close once again, people clapped loudly and she could perfectly distinguish the noise the lacrosse team was sending their way from everyone else. Her heart could explode from happiness. 

 The two ran out of the stage as soon as the two curtains meet at the middle and the crew rushed to construct as fast as possible the next scenario in stage. It was more complex than before.

The next scenario consisted of two large styrofoam doors with a banner above that read ''Rydell High School welcomes the new Year.''  Two garden bench stood across from each other ahead of it. A card board tree stood in the corner. 

The voice of a radio host spoke to fill the empty. 

''This is the main brain Vince Fontaine, beginning your day the only way. 

Music, music and music! 

Get out of bed, first day of school. 

Don't be a slob, don't get a job.

 Go back to class, you can pass. 

To start the day off, nice and fine. Here's a new old favorite of mine.'' 

Music started playing. 

''One well done. Seventy scenes to go.'' Janet greeted the two immediately as they appeared back stage. ''Peter here!'' She said handing him the T-birds classic leather jacket. 

''Seventy to go.'' He winked at Rita and ran to his mark on the stage as the music was coming to an end. 

Grease is the time, is the place, is the motion. Grease is the way we are feelin'. Grease is the word.

As the music faded Rita ran to the side of the stage. Peter was with his back turned to the audience as he leaned against the door, a girl under his shadow.  She leaned forward to cheek if her mother was in sigh but she couldn't see the first row without being seen herself. She had to wait. 

Lucas who played Kenickie stood resting his foot on a bench, a wiped cigarette between his lips, James, Edward and Will started as they played the rest of the T-Birds. 

Isa aka Rizzo, Adelaine who played Frenchy, Eva aka Jan and Lucy aka Marty, were by her side. Rita laughed as they started talking and so did the rest of the girls who played the Pink Lady gang. 

Rita's eyes drifted from the four boys interacting to Peter, who was doing his part and appearing to flirt with this girl that was wrapping her hair around a pencil. Her books against her chest.