and then he saw her. her strong stance, her confident stride, her bouncy kinky hair, her style that wasn't just
narrowed down to tomboy or girly, her eyes that weren't as soft as his but not as strong as her sister's, her eyes that screamed dangerous. just her. from her smile that held genuine warmth and goofiness down to her calloused hands from doing god knows what. he didn't fall smitten, no, he wasn't like that. but that's who he wanted to be.

he knew from the second that she slammed open the classroom door, that she was a someone. not a bad girl rebel with a dirty mouth, not an innocent flower girl, but just a someone that everyone knew she was. she demanded everyone to see her, not because she liked attention, but because she wanted respect.

she had to be his friend, and she had to teach him.

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

JOSIE WAS MANY THINGS, or at least she was called many things. racist ones, bitch, whore, idiot, liar, thief. filthy insults fell from their mouths as they saw her confident eyes and called them dangerous. they didn't know who the fuck they were talking to. josie tried to not let them get to her, lip and james told her to ignore them, but just sometimes, at night when she was alone and vulnerable left to her own thoughts, she would drift from the calming thoughts that could smell like fresh pumpkin spice if brought to life, to wondering if they were right. but maybe she just wanted to think she was untouchable, that no one could hurt her, just for a little bit.

and then there was her. her flowing black hair that always seemed like she put glitter in it, her high heels that clacked as she walked, her walk that somehow was so graceful, her sugary sweet smile that just screamed the no one should underestimate her, her sparkling blue eyes, and just her. god, josie loved her, she was the only one who treated her as if she wasn't dirty, like she was bad news. wherever that girl walked, love filled everyone, especially tulip. josie in the end though, decided that anyone who let themselves love her just created their live's worst mistake.

girls like her didn't get love. what they got was infatuation.

her heart clenched as she fucking watched as she betrayed her. josie was kind, josie was misunderstood, josie found the one person who understood her, and then she fucking ripped their lives apart. girls like her weren't shiny things to collect, because you would think that you had the upper hand just for one second, but every second they did. they always did.

if that girl acted like a sweet angel, made everyone think that they loved her, and then betrayed them, josie was going to be the exact opposite. not a bully though, not a tyrant. anyone tried to catcall her or treat her with an ounce of disrespect, she would give what they weren't expecting. she was powerful. and just one simple thought would finally turn her doubts into poison.

they were right to call Josie Appleton dangerous.

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

JAMES, I TOLD YOU TO STOP FUCKING TAKING THE KITCHEN KNIVES. ahhh, there it was. the sweet, sweet chaos she called her home. and it was only 10 am.

"mom, i told you i stopped doing that crap!" liar. josie was sitting right in front of him watching as he kept trying to balance them on the tips of his fingers. she thought of his giggle right then as something you would hear from a gremlin. he looked at her with a smile that people would look at and deem he was high. "she keeps fucking falling for it."