22

|||||

|||||

Ashton flinched when someone rocked her from side to side, their low voice muffled in her ears. She felt Eli's arm tighten around her as they were pushed again, the voice becoming clearer. She groaned, attempting to swat the hand away but only received laughter in return.

'Come on, this is cute, but we got waves to catch,' Andy groaned; 'Get up, arseholes.'

Her eyes shot open then, a grin lighting up her lips as she pushed herself up to stand. She launched herself at the man, wrapping her arms around his neck and legs around his waist. He let out a burly laugh as her placed an arm under her bum to keep her up, the other hand coming to lay on her back.

'Hey, cutie,' He greeted.

'Hey, Ando,' She replied before kissing his cheek.

'Come on, don't I deserve a morning kiss before him?' Eli croaked.

She laughed, releasing Andy's six foot frame from her grip; dropping back down to the floor. She turned to face Eli, her jaw falling slack as she looked over his bruised and cut up face; slowly moving down to his bruised chest. When she met his gaze again, he nodded to her to let her know he was ok. She leant over him and pecked his lips, before she stood again; her jaw dropping at the time.

'You're kidding me? It's six in the morning,' She pouted.

'But the waves are good. Come on, kiddo. I wanna see if you've improved,' Andy called over his shoulder as he walked out of the room.

She shook her head, moving to searching through her drawers for a bikini. She dressed in front of Eli, well aware of his eyes on her. She smirked when she met his gaze, sashayed out of the room; surprised he hadn't pulled her back into the room as she made her way out to the porch. Ashton grabbed her wetsuit from the railing, hanging it over her arm as she started down the stairs to Eli's van. Her board was already in the back, courtesy of Andy, the man in the driver's seat waiting.

Once Eli made it way down, they set off to San Onofre where the sets were big and the beach was full. The Wright girl pulled her wetsuit on as quickly as she could the moment she was out of the car, zipping it up as she jogged down the track with her board under her arm. She went straight to the water, paddling out. Andy and Eli met her out their not long later, sitting up on their boards as they waited. Eli was the first to move, catching the set that was coming toward them; riding it with ease.

'What happened to never coming back to little old Oceanside?' She smirked as she looked out at the horizon.

'Thought I should come check in on mum,' Andy shrugged.

'Sure.'

'Piss off.'

'You love me too much.'