10

"We are leaving Friday and coming back late Sunday Alexandra so pack accordingly."  My dad tells me before I leave for school.

Every year we take this trip with a bunch of families to a hiking ground at reggie peaks. Its basically a trip where a bunch of rich people try and do normal activities. I usually have fun, my mom usually stays in her cabin the whole time complaining about the mosquitos and how she can't walk the long trails without her feet blistering.

Its the weekend after Daniels party and I haven't talked to him since. The guilt was eating me alive and I have pushed it to the back of my head to try and make myself not feel like complete shit.

Jay hasn't said anything to me either. He lost his phone that night making him give me his number so I could call and find it so he does in fact have my number so I don't understand why he hasn't even tried to at least text me.

Maybe I should text him?

No, no. I can't even think about Jay again until I get the courage to break up with Daniel.

What happens when I do though?

Its not like Jay and I could actually be anything..

So many thoughts are swimming through my mind that I barely notice when I arrive at school.

I walk to my locker and open it up. I see a picture of Daniel and I at the beach last summer and my eyes go soft.

Although Daniel has hurt me a lot I will always have a soft spot for him in a way.

But I try to think at it this way, If Daniel and I were truly meant to be I wouldn't even think about Jay in a way where it makes me want to take all my cloth-

"Hey." I close my locker and look up. Its Daniel. He looks like he has gotten no sleep and that he was dragged out of bed this morning. His ties loose and hair is barely combed.

"Hi." I hold my books close to my chest as I look up into his eyes.

"Um- I-" he rumbles.

"Listen, I am sorry for leaving you Saturday, I just got scared and you know I just got into Stanford and I didn't want to risk any chances."

I am about to attempt to say something back, anything really but then he keeps going.

"I haven't texted you because Jay came home this morning and had a busted open cheek and the parents freaked, he was also drunk off his ass so we had a big family meeting and a bunch of stuff went down that I didn't have any time." He finishes.

"What? What happen?" I begin to think back to Saturday night and Jay and Is "interaction."

When his moist lips from the water hit mine it is like a breath of air I have been waiting to release. All this energy is being put into this one kiss making me wrap my arms tighter around him.

He begins to move his lips against mine swiftly opening my mouth slipping his tongue in moving with expertise.

I feel so dirty but so right. His strong arms holding tightly onto my legs pulling me closer to his torso making me want more.

He begins to wander his hands down my body until a sudden flashlight is directed at us.

"Hey! You live here? We need to talk to someone who does so if you could do us a favor and make this easy." Its the police and Jay rolls his eyes. I am terrified and quickly distance myself from Jays grasp.

The police told us they would meet us at the front door and I begin to panic.

"Jay I am so scared, are we going to get in trouble?" I am shaking from the coldness of getting out the water and from the police but most importantly the heated kiss we just had.

"Listen." He looks me in the eyes as he begins to give me an order,"I can't find my phone so I need you to call it, once we get it I will call you a cab and you go back home."

Whatever Jay went and did after I left is still a mystery to me but now knowing this new information has me worried. What the hell.

"I don't know but he told the parents he is moving out and getting his new place by next week in uptown Camden, which I don't know how he's going to afford it giving the parents cut him off." Daniel huffs pushing his hair back.

"Geesh." Is all I say, what do I say?

"Well I will catch you after class babe." He kisses me on the cheek then walks away without another word.

The guilt is killing me and I don't know how much longer I can keep this charade up. I am not a cheater, I never have been. I once cheated on my math test freshman year then told on myself because I felt miserable about it.

When I get into english I see Megan and her makeup looks great, I would compliment her outfit but its just this boring uniform we are forced to wear.

"Hey." She says as I sit next to her.

"Hey whats up." I open up my notebook preparing for class to start.

"Daniels place was crazy the other night, where did you go? we all ran to Tylers and chilled there when the cops came." She tells me.

"I just went home, wasn't in the mood."

"I didn't know you were so cool about Darthy and Daniel."

I look at her with a troubling face. What the hell is she talking about.

"Cool about what?" I ask her suddenly interested in the conversation.

"I mean I just think its cool you're so trusting. She was telling us at Tylers how she goes to his house every other day to work on their chemistry homework together." She simply says as she takes out a notebook.

Thats real funny because Daniel took chem last year..

I knew it. I knew he was still hooking up with her. I feel myself getting really sweaty all of a sudden and I just want to go confront Daniel.

Jay crosses my mind again.

This could be my reasoning for breaking up with him. He will never find out I kissed Jay and I can just break things off now with a probable cause.

Although my infidelity my heart still hurts from the fact that Daniel has been lying to me this whole time.

Without another word to Megan I get up from my seat and go straight to the gym, where I know he will be.

My heart is racing with every step I take knowing what I am about to do may be social suicide but I'm tired of feeling like I'm constantly on the edge with our relationship.

Here goes everything.