Chapter 1

Book II

"Souls that are lost can only be found if they allow themselves to be found." -pcyxoxo-

Liana

Drowning, I felt suffocated with my own thoughts that I feel like I am drowning.It's been 6 months, since I moved to Seattle all alone leaving everything behind. Stacy was pretty surprised when I called her before my decision with Oliver that I am ready to take up her offer. She asked me if I was okay, but when I didn't answer she said she is so glad that I am taking her offer. My family was upset with my sudden plan and sudden resignation from the Comic Centre. Of course, not knowing why while Mia totally get why. I moved to a small apartment. A one room apartment with a small kitchen and one washroom. It was heck more expensive moving to Seattle, I didn't hear from Oliver since then. My life consisted of me going to work 6 days a week in the Coffee shop and so far I liked it. In my free time I do some drawings because I don't want to give up on something that I have been holding on for so long. I got a mail when I resigned that I have won the new comic strip arts of the year that I have submitted at Comic Centre with a fake name and they wanted to use my comic strip for advertisement. I did not respond to them and from that time they have been trying to get hold of me. Seattle was different, it was refreshing. Of course, when you are trying to escape from things other things will be refreshing.

Mia told me that she is basically talking to Grayson and I don't blame Grayson for any of the thing either. I am working with 8 other people in the Cafe who takes turn to take shifts. It was really hard when I don't even know where to start from. The Cafe was located at Downtown making it the busiest place ever with people dropping by for drinks and food.

"Hey Liana." Archer greeted. Archer is a 5'9 tall guy with black hair and cute face. He works at the huge office that is located down the street. He was one of the loyal customers that drops by for coffee every single day. He was the total opposite of....

"Hey Archer, regular?" I asked him. "He always have Coffee with one milk."

He smiled. "Yes please and also plain bagel with cream cheese." He said surprising me with his order today.

"No sandwich today?" I asked him.

"Getting something different." He smiled.

As I punched in his order and doing his drink at the same time. He said, "Are you free this weekend?" He asked.

"You know my answer." I said laughing.

"You work all the time." He said.

"It is expensive and considering I moved all the way here it is more expensive." I said.

"I know." He said. "But at least one day."

"That one day for sure but not now." I grinned.

He give me a smile as I handed him his  food and drink. "See you tomorrow." I said to him.

"See you tomorrow." He laughed as he exited.

Oliver in the 6 months times have changed, as I saw pictures of him finally surfacing around the Internet. I was pretty shock 2 months back when I saw articles about him with his picture. The whole world was shook by how young and handsome he is. His first picture was of him looking serious and cold, but soon pictures of him smirking was the one getting the most attention. He looked handsome like always, his eyes colder and more calculated. I see someone reading the magazine with his picture as the cover and my heart hurt. It may be was a stupid decision to many, that I left him because he kept securities around me, but I felt suffocated and scared that each and every time I am out I am being followed. My life rotating around him was what I was scared about. Everything was moving according to him and I was not ready for that.

"Liana, there is a customer." My colleague nudged my side lightly to get me back to reality and I apologized to the elderly woman who was staring at me with clear annoyance.

My shift was done at 5 pm as someone else took over my place and I decided to go for grocery shopping. I lived around the Downtown area making living heck lot expensive. I sat down with my laptop, so far my online comic was doing well that I was getting paid for posting my work. The company reached out to me when my comic was doing well, surprisingly. The pay is not bad, but the real reason why I am working in the cafe is because I took the responsibility and also because my comic was influenced by the people that I meet.

Six months, he mailed me after six months- not really knowing who I was. His email was cold and formal.

Hello Ms. Jameson,

Congratulations for winning the comic strips with the Comic Centre. It have come to my attention, that mails were sent out to you by my staffs, but it seem like there is no respond from the other end.My company Creation Co. would like to make an appointment with you and speak about the collaboration between our company and you. You can email me back here to reach out to us. Thank you for taking your time and hope we can meet soon!

-Oliver Lee
CEO, Creation Company.

I read that mail again and again and I was thinking whether I should reply or not, but my fingers did the opposite of what my mind wanted as it clicked reply,

Hello Mr. Oliver Lee,

Thank you for the email you sent. Your staffs and I had spoke already and I said that we cannot collaborate as I no longer stay in NYC and moved somewhere else for my career. You may have not come across that news yet, but now you do. I hope you understand why I am no longer responding to any mail from your staffs about wanting to meet up. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Leanna.

Once I pressed sent, my heart pounded. It felt weird mailing him and pretending to be someone else. I wonder what he is doing right now over there. NYC is three hours ahead from here and if it is 8 pm here it means 11 pm for him.

I didn't expect a quick reply from him, but he did and almost immediately and it seem like he was not happy with my mail,

Hello Ms. Jameson,

My staffs was reaching out for you to meet up with them anywhere you want. Our company can accommodate that if that's what your worries was about. When should our staffs come to meet you as they have been trying to get hold of you for sometime now. Usually, we do not make this arrangement, but seeing your fan base on social medias along with the great reviews for your comic strips uploaded on our website for the competition and the constant pressure from the public is the reason why my staffs are trying to reach out to you as soon as possible. Would next week's weekend be a possible time for you to meet my staff. Where exactly are you in?

Oliver Lee,
CEO of Creation Company.

My eyes widened at his question. Should I be telling him about my location. Working again for the company under another name will be weird and most importantly if I meet his staffs and if they know me, it means that Oliver will know that it is me and I was not sure if any of us was ready to meet again.

I sighed as I stared at the screen not knowing what to do.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book! Welcome back to Book II. A new journey of Liana and Oliver. Thank you for being part of this wonderful journey with all of us. Please vote this chapter, add this book to your reading lists and most importantly sharing it with other readers. The next update for this book will be later.Happy readings!