Chapter 12 - High Lord Callum

Start from the beginning

"Good morning Jeffery, will you take me to my friends please?" To be honest, he scares me, not his size but his attitude. It screams 'don't fuck with me or else'.

"Of course, my Lord."

Did he just call me 'my Lord'? Me? Cal Yorke, Omega wolf. Dang, I guess I am a Lord now. I am a Lord now! OMG!!! I start to hyperventilate. I can't do this. I can't lead a vampire clan. Mate or not I am not ready. I stop and lean on the wall, taking deep breaths.

"Are you alright my Lord?"

"Jeffery, do me a favor?"

"What my Lord?"

"Please don't call me 'my Lord' for a while."

"Yes, my Lord."

"I just said..."

"Of course, my Lord."

Seriously, I push off the wall frustrated and motion for him to lead the way. At least I'm no longer hyperventilating.

We walk into a contemporary style den. It is so modern and sleek. Very stylish and expensive looking. The walls are hardwood all over. Different walls incorporate different things, one has cabinets inserts filled with wines on display racks. Another side has a white granite, standing three quarters the height of the wall with a fireplace in it. There are comfortable chairs all around. The lighting is soft and warm.

My friends all look relax and are chatting when I walk in. "Hi, guys."

"Cal," Serena runs to me and hugs me hard and wouldn't let go. I hug her back, looking at the others and I nod a greeting to them. Raven looks relieved and Roland was just grinning. "We were so worried. Are you okay? Alpha Darric didn't hurt you?"

"I'm fine, really, I am. Hello Alpha Salim, Summer."

"Cal, you sure like to keep me on my toes, don't you?" Alpha Salim laughs. "I hope you don't mind, Summer wanted to tag along. So, your mates met?"

"In a manner of speaking. Shouldn't you all be at work?"

"I gave them all day off. They wouldn't be able to concentrate worrying about you."

"Alpha Salim, so good to see you," Georgiana walks in with the ever-present Raul by her side. Does this guy live here too?

"My Lady, a pleasure. How are you, Raul?"

"Wonderful Salim, good to see you again."

Georgiana walks in as regal as ever but her clothes are bohemian at best. On anyone else; a material that is brown with green tiny butterflies, tailored as a hippie long length dress, with a dark brown undershirt, a matching thick dark brown belt tied across her waist, completed with black shoes and dark brown floppy hat, will really, really look awful. But on Georgiana, it just works.

"Hello, Raven, Roland, Serena, and Summer, right?" She shakes their hands as she calls out their names.

"Good morning, my Lady," they all reply, beguiled. Yes, that's what I'll call it. I mean what else will I call three werewolves and one werecat with dumbass smiles on their faces.

"Please everyone, sit. Jeffery, refreshments for our guests."

"Right away my Lady."

"Cal, how are you, dear? You were knocked out when you got home last night." She sits down beside me.

"I'm fine. I slept like a baby."

"Of course, when you sleep next to your mate, it is wonderful, right Raul?"