Chapter 4 - Kate

Exactly two months had passed since the "big lunch", which means I only have one month to my coronation. I have spent most of the time stuck to a tailor to have the perfect dress. Wasn't it easier to wear just anything and go? Obviously not, my parents deserve that her only daughter was decent and useful to the kingdom,at least since she hadn't served in the rest. 

What I wanted was to get out fom this and stop being skewered by tiny pins, so I could go sightseeing with some freedom, see my friends and think of all the possible causes to expell him from England. Since I had seen him, I couldn't forget the look on his face, that look of someone who knows he's guilty but that doesn't matter, that seductive look that almost makes me love him again, but NO! Never again. Couldn't. Didn't wanted to. Wouldn't. 

My thoughts were interrupted by a pick in my thigh. 

"Autch .." 

"Sorry princess, it was a mistake, forgive me." - Said the tailor in despair. 

"It's ok Fred, and you can call me Kate." - I stated outlining an contagious smile. 

***** 

The sun was slowly setting, and I was finally free from Fred and his murderers pins. Really, only me to untie myself laughing at the thought. 

"Murderers pins .." 

Anyone who saw me would think that the future Queen of England was crazy and that would spoil the whole inheritance of the kingdom. Will they think of me as Marie Antoinette, the queen who only spent money? 

"That's terrible, I'm not so ... poor woman she was crazy. She was worse than me." 

Lacked a month, just one month. And then what? More than half of my problems were solved. 

***** 

I went to the volunteer center, and yes the princess is a voluntary, which reasons would I have for not doing so? They're people and everyone in my kingdom needs my support, everyone. Since the richest and economically advantaged to the less fortunate. Everyone deserves all the love I can give and deserve all the love in the world. I know I will be thanked and they won't disappoint me, not like him.