Chapter 1

A raging snowstorm was approaching the cave where the northern kin resided, a young silver female dragon stood outside looking at it unfold quickly from a distance, it would be a matter of minutes for it to arrive

A raging snowstorm was approaching the cave where the northern kin resided, a young silver female dragon stood outside looking at it unfold quickly from a distance, it would be a matter of minutes for it to arrive. As she turned around to enter the cave a faint cry caught her attention, looking around she saw a small bundle almost covered in snow about 30 meters away, curious she left to see it at a closer angle flying to where she was almost there.

Putting her claws on the soft and tender snow she moved the blanket with her snout and stared surprised at a small human like baby, it couldn't be older than 2 weeks. She had not yet to have cubs of her own but felt the need to bring the child with her into the cave, as it would die frozen by the now close by snowstorm, so she gently picked it up and went inside the cavern going directly to the elders. She entered the elders' area bowing lightly before them.

- Young Rakshan, what brings you here this cold evening? - Elder Rushiel spoke sternly.

- As I was looking out of the cave to gather some more buckets of snow to melt I found... - she lightly put the blanket down and saw the baby sleeping soundly - a non-dragon child- she was able to finish with the lump she felt in the back of her throat. The five of them had very varied reactions.

- How dare you!!- Teskan started, but was interrupted by Kiriel - Teskan, I know your story with the skin people, but this is just a baby. If we educate it well it'll be able to do great things. And I know for a fact in the human country you felt a soft spot for their children so now we have the opportunity to raise one. - she said curtly.

Teskan looked at the dark blue elder dragon sat beside him - Still, it is too dangerous! It might rebel and uncover the secrets to the rest of the world! Please gave common sense, Luartos, please tell me you're with me.

- I'm afraid I have to agree with Kiriel, a skin child might help us in the future, entering other lands. Eliminate all information about this sacred land, everything. - The youngest of the elders, Luartos spoke, elder Rushiel nodding. - And what do you think of this child oh master Odonnell? - The youngest looked at the eldest waiting for his reply.

- If it lives throughout these harsh conditions in the northern land I shall accept them as one of our own kin. If it dies, by natural courses that is, we shall burry it in the depth of the ocean. And - he made a slight pause, eyes turning darker - if it betrays us in the future I myself will be the one to kill it with my claws, I swear to the great Dragon God Dafuggran. Who is my witness today. - he finished leaving the atmosphere cold from his harsh words. - Now, young Rakshan, go to Elairie's nest, I have received the news that one of her four cubs didn't make it. You can use her milk as a substitute for human milk, were hopefully the child will not die from the dragon milk, and Luartos - the youngest of the elders raised his head listening to elder Odonnell with his full attention. - Please be so kind to accompany her to the nest, she might not accept her at first so be there to convince her. - the younger ones nodded and made their was out, not before bowing to them before.

The walk wasn't so long, as the nests for new mothers were fairly close to the elders' sanctuary. They passed other nests were all types of mothers resided, new mothers, experienced and some grandmothers as well. They spotted the familiar perfectly white scales of the new mother.

Elairie was the daughter of one of the noblest warriors in these lands, so the entire clan was happy when she had conceived the cubs of another great and younger warrior. If you would see them they would be completely different, like day and night, or like life and death.

She had large and round light forest green eyes, a short yet lean body decorated by snowy white scales and some slightly darker scales in her snout area. Whereas her mate, had a deep set angular glowing-like purple eyes, his body was big and bulky with many scars over his black scales with a few dark purple cracks from the scars.

Although they both looked completely different, their love for each other was unmatched and Ymund, her mate, could not wait to meet his firstborns. As they were nearing her nest, the new mother lifted her head weakly bowing her head as respect for the elder.

- Greetings elder Luartos, scout Rakshan. I have a feeling that you are not just here to visit my new cubs, am I wrong? - She saud looking down with a prideful expression on her face looking at her resting cubs.

- I'm afraid not, yet we're all glad about their existence in this clan. Rakshan, the child. - The young scout gently grabbed the bundled child and put it in between the mother and elder.

- Rakshan found a skin child outside the cave, after a brief discussion we have decided to keep it. And make you it's mother figure, since you recently got blessed by these four beautiful cubs - The tone of the elder sounded sterner than his usual calm and cheerful tone.

After Elairie looked down at the child, she sniffed her and nodded. Accepting the child as one of her own, that is, until they find someone better capable. With that, she brought the bundle closer to where the child could feed and waited for it to drink.

A few minutes passed and the child got closer to the mammary and suckled it gently. It coughed a bit after drinking for a bit, yet continued. Something odd had happened, their sand coloured skin, brown eyes and hair, which we're checked beforehand.

Their entire body was changing, it's once sand coloured skin was now pale, almost as recently fallen snow, the pinewood dark eyes were a golden amber colour and the little hair that used to be a light brown was now a silver colour, with a hint of cyan in it.

The three dragons stood in place, shocked at the child's change of appearance. After a few moments of silence, the small hiccup of the child resonated in it making them snap out of their short trance.

- Well... - the elder disrupted the uncomfortable silence- It seems the child has survived the first feeding, with some... changes.- the three of them stood silent as the child silently drinking Elairie's motherly milk.

The elder excused himself and went back to the main hall to converse with the other elders how to introduce the skin child and if they were to accept them, what they would name it.

The two female dragons stood silently until a soft cry echoed in the relatively confined space waking up the newborn dragons. Elairie let out a tired sigh as it had been bothersome for them to have woken up.

- My dear Rakshan, may you leave with this flesh child to your nest please. I'm afraid my younglings will mistake it for food. - the young mother said with a worried tone.

Rakshan simply nodded and carefully grabbed the child by the blanket and took it to her nest, having to fly for a bit as it was approximately 100 meters over the ground burrowed in a rock wall with small branches, wool and eternal snow to aport comfort.