~~~

Description

Thousands of years ago, human evolved into two distinct intelligent species. Once, they coexisted together for hundreds of years. Once, they lived in harmony together.

Then, one day, it all changed.

No one knew how, and no one knew why. 30 years ago, one of the intelligent species spiraled out of control, turned aggressive and murderous, and killed. It wasn't war - it was pure slaughter.

These killers were then named the Monsters.

Two years after the Mass Attack, the other intelligent species began fighting back, using their weapons and research, targeting the Monsters' weaknesses so they would be unable to play to their strengths. Although the Monsters were more powerful, there were less of them. This movement of retaliation was called the Movement of Assassination, and it lasted four years. The surviving victims escaped and found refuge in a place in which only the richest of them live, inside an island bubble beneath the deepest waters of Earth, a place in which little to no Monsters thrived. It was a man, a clever and well-known man, that led them towards the island bubble which was named SQUAOII. He then became a legend, and went by the name "FREQSE".

These surviving victims that Freqse led were called the Lucky Ones.

Since then, the Lucky Ones lived in harmony inside SQUAOII, with all the Monsters they found executed or taken in for investigation. Freqse used his knowledge and power to build a laboratory to investigate the origins of the MAMA War, and what made the Monsters turn into Monsters, in an attempt to bring back harmony between these two species again. Ever since, this laboratory, called the EX'ACT Lab, had become the centre of admiration and attention. Ever since, no one inside SQUAOII, aside from scientists, has ever seen, or remembered seeing, what a Monster looked like.

Back to the present: Byun Baekhyun, nearly 24 years old, has a dream of bringing peace to his world and end the war between Monsters and Lucky Ones. That seems very far-fetched and distant a goal, however, considering that the biggest challenge for him right now is to survive through the many tests and examinations at SQUAOII's (and possibly the world's) largest research centre, the EX'ACT Laboratory.

EX'ACT doesn't just take anyone as its trainee, let alone its official member - its process of choosing is selective, tough, and possibly the most challenging thing that any Lucky One will ever encounter. Thankfully, Baekhyun has already passed the trainee round.

Little does he know, however, that his challenges will be much more than trying to remain Top 2 among the trainees. In his journey towards his dream, he will have to learn to conquer the complex complications within himself for the happiness of his best friend and face a little unexpected boulder that comes in the form of his clumsy yet Legendary Professor ... but at least there's a cold and elegant Legendary Doctor that will help him along the way.

Foreword

Hello, I am finally back, 8 months after hinting, with a new chaptered story! Finally! For all those who anticipated new stories from me, thank you all so much and sorry for the wait. For all those who didn't but came because they were curious, thank you so much too, for being curious~

Theme: MAMA + Monster/Lucky One + The War Concepts mixed together

Originally, it was just the first two eras mixed but The War happened to fit right into this concept perfectly, since this is about war.

Genre: fantasy, romance, mama!au, monster/luckyone!au, sci-fi, angst

Warnings: violence, gore in the form of experiments at laboratories, age gap

Please look forward and anticipate my third chaptered story, and (hopefully) second continuing chaptered story~ Thank you for your support~

Poster by: Beauty Lies Within Graphics (from AFF)