forty six

jordyn mills

During the next couple of days I tried to stay away from the house as much as possible. All of us tried to stay after school for as long as possible and we went into town for as long as possible. Whether that be for food, shopping or doing homework at some random coffee shops.

Joselyn and I have kept our distance with each other and same with the others. She hasn't bothered us since I exposed all of our truths, except for our little stare down in the kitchen. It's been nice, but I know she's still hurt. I would apologize, but that means she would just go back to annoying the shit out of all of us again and I can't handle that.

So far, it's been pretty good.

Currently it was around 10:30pm. I was sitting downstairs with Ethan right next to me and Grayson was on the opposite side of the couch scrolling through his phone. Everyone else was upstairs minding their own business.

A couple knocks hit the door and us three looked at each other. No one was expecting anyone to come this late at night. Ethan and I stood up and walked over to the door. Our guess was Riley or Matt wanting to pop in and say hi or something.

"Jordyn Mills." My social worker said under the dim porch light. I couldn't see much of what was around her.

"Yeah?" I questioned. I felt Ethan right against me as he knew I was getting a bit nervous.

"I'm going to have to ask you to get into the car." She said and a couple of men walked up behind her.

"What? This is my home." I was confused and scared.

"There have been calls of complaints within the household and it is told to be unsafe for others."

"What? What are you talking about? I'm not leaving." I chuckled, but was genuinely nervous.

"I cannot give out that information, but I need you to come with me into the car." She said again and I didn't move. I just shook my head and the two men grabbed my arms.

"HEY!" Ethan snapped and pulled me back behind him. He held my arms as he made sure the two men wouldn't come inside the house. "You can't just take her away." His voice was still loud.

"Ethan, is it?" My social worker said and walked closer to him. "She is still in the foster care system and according to the law, she is demanded to follow our orders--"

"Orders?" He asked. "She's not some slave and she's 18, can't she do whatever she wants?"

"She is still enrolled in high school and in this county that means she is too immature to make her own decisions and still belongs to the system. She is coming with us." She demanded and the guys walked into the house a little bit.

"STOP!" I yelled and tried to get away from them.

"OUT OF MY HOUSE!" Ethan yelled again and tried to push them away, but they were really strong.

The two men grabbed onto my wrists and pulled me to the doorway before Lisa yelled from the stairs.

"What the hell is going on here?" She walked down them quite quickly.

"We are pulling Jordyn out of this house. It is very unsafe for others according to a caller complaint." She said again.

"We don't need to be reminded."Ethan groaned angrily. My social worker glared at him once again.

The two men let go of me. I hurried back into Ethan's arms and he held me as tight as he could. He did not want to let go, not one bit.

"Is there any other information?" Lisa asked again and ran her hand across my arm to let me know that she cared.