twenty three

ethan dolan

"Hey, do you want me to come in with you guys?" Matt asked Jordyn and I while we parked in the police station's parking area.

"Actually yeah." I took the keys out of the ignition.

Jordyn, Matt, Riley and I all stepped out of the car and walked slowly to the double doors since Jordyn's stomach was still in a slight bit of pain. I knew the nerves weren't making her feel any better. She wouldn't admit it, but I could just tell that she was extremely anxious to see Josie again, which is expected.

I walked up to the front desk which looked just like the one from my dream.

"How can I help you?" The man sitting in the chair looked up at me.

"Hi yeah, I think I talked to you on the phone about visiting Josie Williams before she goes in for trial later this week, I'm Ethan Dolan."

"Ah yes Ethan. And do you have a few others coming in with you?" He looked behind to everyone else looking nervous.

"Just one other." I pointed to Jordyn and she tried to smile.

"Perfect. I will get someone to take you two back. For the others, I'm going to need you to have a seat over there." He pointed to a few chairs and the two nodded.

Riley pulled Jordyn over and talked to her for a quick second before another guard came to show us the way.

Josie was placed here at the police station for a couple of weeks before the official trial started to see how long she would have a sentence for.

"Ethan and Jordyn?" The guard said and we both turned to him.

He led the two of us down a long hallway until we got to a door with a window right next to it. Through the window you could see a room where a bunch of tables sat. It reminded me of square concrete park tables with benches all around it.

"Oh my god." Jordyn whispered as she saw Josie sitting at one of the tables. She had handcuffs on and her hair was draped over her face.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked her and she was so nervous, but she nodded her head anyway.

The guard opened the door and we both walked into the room. Nerves filling up our bodies.

Josie looked right at us with no facial expression, but soon it turned into a smirk.

"It's so unfortunate." She said right when we sat down and her eyes were locked onto Jordyn's.

"What is?" She asked a little frightened.

"That you're still alive. I shot you if you didn't remember."

"Must be a terrible shot." Jordyn teased making me laugh.

"And what are you laughing at?" Josie looked to me. I knew she wanted to hit me or something, but she was unable to move.

"I find it funny that you thought you could get rid of Jordyn so you could be with me." I continued to laugh and she continued to frown.

I looked to Jordyn and she was looking down at her hands in her lap. I realized that she's the one that wanted to come and talk to her, so I should respect that and let her.

I stopped talking and held onto Jordyn's hand under the table.

"Why'd you do it?" Jordyn looked up. "Why'd you think getting rid of me was going to fix all your problems?"

"Because you are my problems. You're the reason why I don't have Ethan. You're the reason why I've been to jail two times now. You're the reason why I'm in here."