Chapter 5: Captured

Chapter 5: Captured

"A lone roar pierces through the woods,

Hoping that she could hear his despair,

As lovers could never be apart...

A Titan rushes through the forrest."

.

.

.

She blows the space between the metal pot and the fire. She uses a stick to poke the embers to distribute the heat while boiling the water for her stew. She rubs her womb. The baby is kicking and moving so much that she pauses for awhile and then proceeds to cut some vegetables.

'Eren just left for a hunt', she quietly tells herself. She always tells herself that 'he would be back home'. Living with him... Knowing him... its hard to let go of him. Distance is one thing. She gives a laugh. Just look at herself now, she couldn't even recognize the young girl in her anymore. This was never part of the plan, nothing is part of the plan, then why is she here?

Eren destroyed the future her mind thinks she'll have. Wasn't she supposed to die alone? In a cold dark cell? Or maybe executed infront of millions of people? Those things, she never cared for... but now... It's different, she is different. She lives for a different purpose now.

She hasn't told her husband yet, but once, she saw Mikasa just standing at a distance. Mikasa may not know it, but Annie intently watches her every move: silently hoping that she would stay hidden. Not that she is jealous, Eren is hers now, however, the idea of Eren going back to his previous life within the walls scares her. She has risked so much. She left everything behind the moment she told him that she loved him.

The heck, she could even feel the sting of Reiner's slap in her face. She could remember all the insults she received the moment she had failed her duties as a warrior. Fall in love? Is that even an option?

Before she crystalized herself to her slow death, she chants Eren's name on her mind until she felt the cold envelope her. Even in her descent to the unconscious world, his name remains on her lips.

A sharp kick in her stomach, she gasps. The baby is strong and fine, nothing to worry. She gives a final blow at the embers on the stove. Her hand on the sore spot of her womb, she wobbles over to a dining chair. She slumps her arms over the table, her forhead resting at the wooden surface.

She inhales and exhales...

Hoping that her husband would be back soon.

The baby moves a lot. She prays that it'll sleep and let her rest for a while. She runs a hand gently humming an old folk song she knew well.

She could hear the rustle of the grass outside. Maybe he's home.

A knock.

She opens the door with a smile. Instead of her husband's gentle face, she is greeted by four armed men. Her eyes grow wide, her heart starts beating fast. She knows she has to get out of here, and run far away from them, but how?

To her surprise she lets out a gasp, followed by the heavy slamming of the front door. She has to think quick. Barricade the door with the thick wooden bar, and get out of the house using the large window by the kitchen. She runs.

It takes a while before the men completely destroy the front door, and chase her all the way to the kitchen.

To defend herself from the oncoming assault, she throws the boiling pot of stew at the first man to come near her. He shouts in pain, but she doesn't mind. The cold blooded monster within her just awoke, and now she finds herself collecting knives and aiming them with such precision and accuracy.