Chapter 1: Happy Ending

He brushes the golden locks out of her face. Gently as not to wake her up. He scoots closer to her sleeping form, inhaling her sweet scent as he nears her. She is so soft, so peaceful, so pure, he contents himself to just watch her, to guard her, to savour her presence. He doesn't want her to go. Not that she would leave him, but he is afraid that one day, she would be taken away from him. The mere thought of her being torn away from him crashes his heart, that it starts to beat fast. His heart, pounding in his ears... Thump! Thump! Thump!

His mind races, his heart aching in worry, over and over again. His heart trembles, his hands trembles as he wraps his arms protectively around her sleeping form. Damn! Not again, not again, NOT AGAIN!!!

"Eren..."

He hears her saying his name.

"Sorry," he mutters "Did... Did I wake you?"

She doesn't answer him, instead, she places a thumb at his cheek and begins to rub something away. Tears.

"Its alright..." She whispers softly. "I'm here... "

He breaks. Anxiety getting the better of him again. He clings to her words reciting it in his head over and over again until a sense of relief and warmth is felt in his aching heart. His mind races, dont ever leave me Annie... Dont leave me.

She wraps her arms protectively around him, his head closer to her chest, hearing her heartbeat at irregular intervals, so much unlike humans. She is indeed like him, a monster that humanity have shunned. He felt so relieved to meet someone like her, someone so much like him. In this world that have been cruel to him, she was his guiding light.

And so... He clung to her very words that night and just like every other nights before.

"I'm here Eren, and always will be."

.

.

.

He wakes up to the scent of fresh flowers in the room. She always rises up before him, and he would always find her by their little garden, either planting or watering, but today, he sees her standing idly watching the flowers of her garden bloom by spring time. The dampness of the morning grass by his feet and the mist that hung lightly in the air makes him want to stare and capture the memory forever. Imprint and embed on his mind, his fragile mind with thousands of haunting memories.

Shaking his worries off his head, he walks towards her and pulls her back against him. He wraps his arm around her, caressing her abdomen. She leans back and rests her head on his shoulder. He leans more, pressing a deep kiss on the extension of her exposed neck. "Good morning, love"

She replies in a soft moan, and looks back, her clear blue eyes looking directly at his teal green ones. "Aren't they beautiful?"

"Yeah..." He answers "They are..."

She turns and looks at him. Her arms now encircling his neck. She is a bit petite than most women, but she is proportionately sculpted. He loves how her skin would wrap around her well toned muscles: very pale, very soft. She is a rare beauty, ice blonde hair and clear blue eyes. She is the very ice queen that haunts him in his childhood winter, and yet he managed to conquer her and melt her, to stay with him through the other seasons. He likes the way his olive tan skin would contrast well with her icy ones. She is a solitary ice nymph, and he captures her now in a warm embrace. He would forever be her servant, he thinks.

"I wish, we would be like this forever,"

.

.