33

They were eating a pizza and watching a movie on the T.V when Arkyn's phone rang.

"Shh!" Alexis scolded. He put his slice of pizza down and got up. He answered the phone, walking to the next room where he wouldn't distub the siblings.
"Hey, Bonnie." He greeted.
"Luka's dead." She said, her voice shaky.
"What?"
"Luka's dead. Can you come over?" She asked.
"Of course. Where are you?"
"Elena's house." She said.
"I'll be there in a few." He said, walking into the room with Alexis and Xavier. "I'm going out. Don't wait up."
"Where are you going?" Alexis asked.
"Bonnie." He said simply and walked to the door, picking up his jacket before he left.

Soon he was outside Elena's house, and he knocked on the door. Jeremy opened it.
"Hey, uh come on in." He said. Arkyn nodded gratefully and stepped over the threshold.
"Where is she?" He asked.
"Kitchen." Jeremy pointed the way and Arkyn followed his direction. Bonnie sat at the table, some hot beverage in her hands. Tea.
"Hey." In a flash, he was by her side. She set down her tea and he grabbed her hands.
"Jonas came after Elena." She started to explain. "Because, oh god. Damon killed Luka, and with Elijah sort of dead, he thought the only way he could get his daughter back was by taking Elena and bargaining her or something."
"It's okay. It's okay." He soothed, pulling her in for a hug. "Elena's okay, now. Right?"
"Yeah, but... I can't believe Luka's dead. After what I did to him." He pulled away from her and looked at her.
"Bonnie, you can't dwell on it. You were doing what you thought was right to save your best friend. And he tried to manipulate you. Yes, what you did was wrong but you can't keep thinking about it. You have to find a way to live with it." He said, and tilted her chin up to face him. "Did you want to hurt him?"
"No."
"You did it for Elena. To save her life. That's a very acceptable and noble reason. And it didn't have any sort of lasting effect. You didn't hurt him." He assured.
"But when it counted I couldn't do anything to help. I was useless." She said, her hands clenched. "I hate it."
"You are far from useless."
"Jonas came after Elena, Ark, and there was nothing I could do. I was helpless and useless."
"Trust me, I understand what it's like to be so reliant on your magic, and then to have it disappear. It's hard, but Bonnie, your powers are a part of you, but they aren't all you are. You're still Bonnie Bennett, the smart, beautiful, talented, badass friend and girlfriend I know and love." He said. "It'll be hard, but you're awesome just the way you are." The door opened, and Stefan and Elena came in, and Jeremy walked into the kitchen too.
"Thank God." Bonnie sighed.
"It's not over yet." Elena said, as Damon and Katherine walked in behind her.
"What's going on?" Jeremy asked as Arkyn held himself from attacking the vampire doppelganger.
"He'll explain." Katherine said, gesturing to Stefan before walking away. Elena kept totally silent.
"When did you guys get home?"
"A few minutes ago. Arkyn came not long after."
"Did you check the house?" Stefan asked.
"Why would we check the house?" Jeremy asked. There was a loud grunt from upstairs, and Bonnie, Arkyn and Stefan rushed up. Katherine stood over Jonas's body, seemingly dead. His blood coated her lips.
"You're welcome." She said tauntingly, licking her lips.
"You didn't have to kill him." Bonnie said, going down to his side.
"Yes," Katherine looked at Stefan. "We did." Bonnnie moved to close his eyes, but Jonas shot up and grabbed her face. Arkyn sped over and ripped Bonnie away, feeling a surge of power go through her body for a second. Jonas gave her back her magic, he realised and looked at her in awe. She gazed back at him, holding onto his shirt. He heard a crack, and saw that Stefan had snapped his neck.
"You really didn't have to kill him." Arkyn said.
"He just tried to kill Bonnie." Stefan argued, but Arkyn shook his head.
"He was also grieving his son." Arkyn said, before leading Bonnie out of the room.
"You know." She said and he nodded. She raised her finger to her lips and he nodded. She grabbed his hand and led him back down, and Katherine and Stefan were right behind.
"Everything's taken care of." Stefan said, as Arkyn rolled his eyes. No wonder Klaus got along with him.
"I'm guessing you're going to want this back." Katherine handed Elena her necklace. That's when Arkyn truly noticed it and he grabbed it out of her hand.
"Where did you get this?" He demanded.
"Stefan gave it to me." Elena replied looking at him curiously.
"Have you seen it before?" Stefan asked.
"You could say that. Where did you get it Stefan?"
"Why does it matter?"
"Because it wasn't yours to give. No offence, Elena, but it's a very important piece."
"Whose was it?" She asked and he shook his head. He held the necklace out to her.
"There might come a time where I ask you for it." He informed her.