22

Xavier was almost ready to head to the caves to let out Arkyn, and Stefan, when his doorbell rang. He and Alexis got to the door at the same time.
"Elijah." She said, and Xavier stepped in front of her, protectively.
"Why the hell are you here?"
"It seems I've misplaced my brother. Now I could have sworn I left him in a boundary spell but he just isn't there. So I figured I'd try his home."
"Sorry. Fresh out of originals here. Try again never."
"I see such hatred in your eyes, yet you don't even know me."
"Arkyn hates you. That's enough for me."
"And let's not forget that you wanted to kidnap me." Alexis scowled.
"Believe me, it was never my intention to take you."
"And yet when Rose handed over Elena and I, you tried to take us both."
"It's been a long time since anyone knew of me like you did."
"Ark told us everything that we needed to know." Xavier glared. "Why can't you just leave him to live his life in peace?"
"If you've heard of me, then you must've heard of our brother Niklaus. He's much worse than I and needs to be stopped. Arkyn understood that once."
"You want him to help you kill your brother. Arkyn doesn't do that."
"It appears my brother hasn't told you everything." Elijah looked at them.
"What are you talking about?" Alexis shot him a dirty look.
"Why don't you ask Arkyn what happened in 1919?"
"You'll have to be more specific. Before or after Klaus massacred everyone Arkyn cared about?" Xavier said sarcastically.
"I believe it was before then. When Arkyn plotted to kill us all." Alexis jerked in surprise.
"You're lying. No matter how much he hates you, he would never have tried to kill you."
"Ask him yourself." Elijah said, but paused, looking at them intensely. "The next time you see him, that is." Elijah sped away and the siblings looked at each other.
"He's lying." Alexis said. Xavier nodded.
"He has to be. Ark would never try to kill his siblings."
"Exactly."
"Stay here. I'm going to go talk to him and let him and Stefan out."
"I want to come with."
"Definitely not. You're still grounded, Lex."
"Seriously? Gonna ground me?"
"Technically Ark did. So no leaving the house. I'll know if you did." Xavier walked out, and headed to the caves.
"Hey Xave."
"Ark." Xavier frowned.
"What's wrong? Is Alexis okay? What happened?"
"Can we get some privacy?" Xavier asked Stefan and Katherine. Stefan nodded but Katherine perched on a boulder smirking. Arkyn snapped her neck and threw her backwards.
"What is it, Xavier?"
"Elijah stopped by. He said to ask you what really happened in 1919. Ark, what was he talking about?"
"Elijah showed up?"
"Saying these things. Things that can't possibly be true." Xavier shook his head. Arkyn closed his eyes and entered Xavier's mind. "Hijacking my head?" Xavier asked, noting the sofas around him. Their old home.
"Elijah and Klaus believe I told Mikael where to find them."
"But you didn't. Right?" Xavier said, almost pleadingly.
"No. I knew Mikael found them. Xave- what I tell you here, you can't tell anyone. Ever."
"Except Alexis."
"Except Alexis." Ark nodded. "You know what happened when Klaus came, right. Killing everyone? Standing there in the midst of all the blood, I wanted to wipe the smirk off his face. I wanted him to hurt. So I told him I wished Mikael had succeeded in his task, and killed him. He drew his own conclusions, asked me if I was how Mikael knew they were in New Orleans, and I said yes. That's why he and Elijah hate me. They believe I was responsible."
"There's more to the story. What aren't you saying?" Arkyn looked at his unwavering expression.
"No Lex?" Xavier nodded. "No matter what happens, we'd do anything for our little sisters."
"Wait, Rebekah? She called Mikael?"
"She and some other guy."
"So you can't even defend yourself against their accusations otherwise you'll be giving Rebekah up. Have you even seen her since?"
"No. Klaus daggered her the next year. She's been daggered since."
"That's the whole story?"
"That's the whole story concerning my siblings." He nodded.
"Alright. I knew you wouldn't be plotting to kill them. Now please get out of my head, so I can try to get you out of the cave."
"Xave. Remember what you promised me. Things get worse?"
"They're not worse."
"Yes, they are. Elijah's involving you guys."
"He's not going to chase us away that easy." Xavier said and pushed Arkyn out of his mind.
"Xave. Go home." Arkyn said out loud.
"I can do this."
"Yesterday's spell took a lot out of you. Give it a week."
"I feel fine."
"Xavier." Arkyn said.
"We'd do anything to protect our little sisters." Xavier repeated, "I can't look out for her if I'm worrying about you in here."
"You're not supposed to worry. That's not on you." Arkyn exploded.
"If I don't, then who will?"
"It's not your burden to bear."
"It's not a burden."
"Home, Xavier. Just listen to me for once?"
"Sorry." Xavier shrugged, as he gathered his ingredients. He started the spell and started chanting. His nose began to bleed.
"Xavier?" Arkyn called. "Xave, stop the spell!" Xavier didn't listen. Arkyn rushed at the barrier. At first, it was as though he was at a standstill. Soon the boundary began to give way. Within minutes he was at Xavier's side, closing the grimoire and removing the ingredients, halting the spell. "Xave. Are you okay?" Arkyn asked. Xavier looked at him.
"Why'd you stop me?" He asked as Arkyn pulled him in for a hug.
"I'm taking you home." Arkyn says.
"You can't. Look at you!" Xavier gestured at the blood on his face.
"I can survive." Arkyn picked up Xavier and sped him home. He sped to his room and laid Xavier on the bed.
"Ark, you're home!" Alexis ran into the room, gleeful. She stopped suddenly. "And you're bleeding. What the hell happened?"