Chapter 12: Different Genre

[Weeks Later]

As I sat reading one of the many books I had collected I sighed and felt the familiar feeling of boredom wash over me. I closed the book and looked around my lab. All the projects I was working on were completed, and my free time was only growing. Suddenly I heard a faint voice, it was in... the language of the elves?

Female: " Beleg aute, tolka lye e' lye coiasira en' anta.  Lye kawa, ar' lye nukumna lye gwaith n'ala lle.  Lye yala lle... lye ona ilya lye naa a' lle."

Me: "Hm... 'Mighty god, support us in our time of need. We bow, and we humble our people before you. We summon you... we give all we are to you.' Guess someone is using a transmitter I handed out. Might as well go help them."

I stood up and stretched.

Me: "System command, trace transmission, upon completion open fast travel portal to exact location with .5 error margin."

Automated voice: "Estimated time to completion, 5 seconds. 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."

A portal opened in front of me.

Automated Voice: "Destination, dimension 572. Dark elf territory. Recommend precautions, magic resistant armor."

Me: "Thought I deactivated that option. System command, disable suggested precaution measures."

Automated Voice: "Disabling, suggestions."

I slowly walked though the portal and found myself in a shrine of sorts. Candles dimly lit the room I was in, columns of stone led back to large wooden double doors. Before me were three dark elves all kneeling in front of me all with white hair and dark blue skin. Long white hair draped over the one to the left, pointed ears covered in a darkish blue skin protruded from the sides. The one in the middle had her hair tied in a bun with braided sides. The last one to the right had her hair in a ponytail with the bangs hanging loose. I cleared my throat to gain their attention. All three looked at me with deep red eyes, each filled with a certain amount of fear. The one in the middle spoke with a shaky voice.

Dark elf: "Aute lye naa-"

Me: "System command, enable automatic language translation."

Automated Voice: "Automatic Two Way Language Translation Enabled."

I felt a dull headache form as my device began changing the way I hear and how she'd hear me.

Me: "Continue."

Dark elf: "M-Merciful god... we beg you... help us, we fear for our lives..."

Me: "I told the man I gave that device to, don't call me 'god'. Where is he?"

The dark elf was silent a moment.

Dark elf: "I fear... He... has returned to the earth."

Me: "Old man always was too prideful to ask for help."

Dark elf: "I apologize... but he did not die at the hands of another. He went peacefully in his slumber."

Me: "Wait... how long has it been since I last came to this dimension?"

Dark Elf: "You aided us over 200 years ago."

Me: "I see... at least the old man went out peacefully... Now. What's this problem you have?"

Dark Elf: "A human army is coming to wipe us out... they say we plague their holy land. Please..."

She suddenly leaned down and pressed her forehead lightly to the ground to show desperation.