Chapter 14

Song: You should see me in a CROWN by Billie Eilish 

A stabbing pain. 

A gun. 

An order.

"READY!"

 A shout. 

"AIM!"

 A scream. 

"FIRE!"

 A clang of the bullet leaving the chamber and cutting the air, before landing in its targets chest. I released my breath and walked steadily to the middle of the room. A man to my right squirmed on the ground. I smirked and walked to him, heels clicking, leaving a deadly sound behind. I squatted to his level. 

"Hello there." Capturing my crimson stained lips behind pearly white teeth, I looked the man in the eye. 

"W-w-who-o are y..y...you." He stuttered. 

I laughed. A twinkle, like glass shattering. "You do not know?" A hand clutched my thigh. I smirked and pulled my mask to recover my features, as I leaned into him. I licked my lips before whispering, "I am your worst nightmare." 

I cocked the gun, and pressed it to his side. His eyes shut, and I squeezed the trigger. He landed with a thump onto the ground. I looked at him and stepped over. 

I looked at the room. My mission was complete. I walked steadily from the bloodied room and to my helicopter. I slung up into it and took off. 

A buzz came through my com. "Good job." A purring voice came through.  "Mission report." 

"12 dead." I pulled my mask off and my hood down. 

"Good girl." His voice was dropping steadily. "Go to your next mission standing and I will send you information." 

"Thank you." I replied and turned the com off. I leaned against the luxurious seat and pulled the blooded, tight suit from my body. A black dress lay next to me on a seat, and I hurried to slide into it, before the captain decided to make a visit. 

I slipped on the silk and put the suit in an expensive purse. No one would expect it there. A thigh holster held my precious revolver close to my person, and my heavy machine lay on in the case to my right. 

"Miss Devine." The captain's voice clipped through. "Devine?" 

"Devine?"

The voice startled me out of my slumber. "What?" I sat up quickly and reached for my gun, only to find it was missing. I reached out and grabbed the person talking and quickly threw them down on the soft bed. I straddled them and enclosed their throat with my slender hands. 

"Devine." The man sounded familiar. "My love?"

"Devan?" I was so startled, he managed to flip us over and he quickly made sure my hands were tucked above my head. "What happened?" I looked around the room. "Where is the Helicopter?" I looked up at him. "Why are you here?" 

"Devine, darling, you were dreaming." 

"Where is Chris?" I demanded. 

"You will not speak his name in this home." Devan pressed his weight on me. 

"Can't breathe!" I cried out. 

"Good." He snarled. "Thats what you get." 

I looked up at him, and something clicked. I quickly dug my shoulders into the bed and sprung my upwards, wrapping my legs around his waist and throwing him off. I landed on top of him. He looked up at me with a smirk. "I knew it." He huffed. 

I looked at him funny and stood. "Stay." I commanded.  

"I don't think so baby girl." He stood. 

I grabbed the gun on the bed table and spun, placing the gun in front of me with an accurate aim straight into his chest. "I said stay." 

He laughed and took the gun from my hands, "Oh baby. You will be a good addition to my game." 

His grin made me shiver. "What do you mean?" 

"Oh baby, its time for the Crimson Killer to come back." 

"Crimson Killer?" I wrinkled my nose. 

"Devine. Mission report." He snarled against my ear. His lips touched my earlobe and I straightened my spine. I couldn't control my mind. It was whirling. 

"Devine." He called. He taunted. He had found my secret. No. I shook my head. Holding it in my hands I tried to run but he had a tight grasp on my waist. "Devine." 

I let a tear streak down my face before giving into the mask I had worked so hard to forget. "None dead. Sir." A monotone escaped my lips. I whipped my head back to look in his eyes. He smirked and stroked my cheek. His hard grasp intensified as I tried to move. He pressed his vile mouth to my neck and released with a sickening pop. I growled against him, as he laughed darkly and moved on to the next spot. His mouth moved slowly as I wound up like a spring against him. His hands searched my body and I quickly broke away and spun around to punch him in the stomach. He caught my hand and twisted it to throw me into the bed. I tried to leap back at him, but something hard clamped on my wrists and a shocking sensation placed on my thigh. 

Devan towered over me with an evil gleam in his eye. I snarled up at him as he turned the vibrations up. I whined and clawed at the bed, trying to kick myself out. He simply walked away. As he shut the curtains and drew the shades, he kept glancing at me, shaking and confused on the bed. He dropped his shirt on a chair, leaving his rippling chest bare. He strode over to me and straddled my restless thighs. 

"Baby girl, you will be my ticket to the world." He smirked and leaned in. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day I held my head high. My feelings were back and every little thing the drugs had erased from my brain was back. The blood. The deaths. And more importantly the passion. I had fought for dominance the night prior, and had nearly won, had Devan not re-chained me. 

A glint was back, and now it was time to reach out for Chris. I needed him. His eyes. His soul. Devan could only please me for so long. Soon enough I would need a gentle soul. However it was okay to let Devan believe I was still the blushing little girl that he had 'tamed.' 

Everything I had suppressed. Everything I had done to make my feelings go away was gone. Any sense of not having a purpose was gone. I knew what I wanted. And I knew how to get to it.