"Mother never let me dye my hair. She said it was unclassy," He retorts and leans against the sink, right next to my hand. I peel it away and cross my arms.

"So? You're what? 20? She can't stop you, you're an adult," Jase looks at me and pushes the glasses up his nose. He blankly stares at the shower curtain and loses himself for a moment. His eyes seemed to gloss over while he thought but soon cleared up to its natural shade.

"I've never thought about it that way. She's always been there, watching me. Ever since father died. . . no, not now. I just couldn't imagine disobeying her," The way he put it, he was scared of his mother. Truth be told, I wasn't all too comfortable around her either, at least not now. Yet, it had to mean something more if Jase was afraid of the woman.

"Well, she isn't here, is she? What color have you thought about dying it?" He ponders for a moment and looks at me with a sparkle in his eye. I narrow my eyes at him and he grabs my sides, lifting me up, twirling me around so my back was to the door and setting me down. I keep my cool as he does so, half from curiosity and half because I wanted to live.

"Black. Black like the night sky,"

//

"Off with it," I choke back the horrible smell around me as a few tears slip from eyes. There I was, on my knees and unsuspecting of anything around me. There was Jase, bending over and absolutely engulfed in rage.

"I will not take my glasses off, I won't be able to see!" I roll my eyes and pull down the gloves one last time.

"Fine, but when they turn into sunglasses, don't blame me," Jase sighs and slowly take them off, tucking them in his jeans pocket. It was funny because I'd seen him numerous times in the past while without his glasses. I mix the thick dark hair dye and scrape the excess from the brush on the bowl.

"I can't believe you've never dyed your hair before. I mean, you've had everything here the whole time," Jase shrugs his shoulders and shakes his wet head in the bathtub.

"I never had you before," I stop my stirring and suck in a breathe. Ain't that sweet? I tell myself he was crazy and I was only doing this to get on his best side. I wasn't getting all buddy-buddy with my stalker and kidnapper, I wasn't going to let that happen. This was all apart of my plan. Or so it was.

I start to apply the black dye to his bleached hair and he shivers from the cold conditioner on his head. No going back now. His hands tightly grip the side of the bathtub and I could hear him whisper things to himself. I didn't really want to listen, nor did he say them any louder. Yet, I was curious nonetheless.

"What was that?"

"I'm going to burn in hell for this, I've never disobeyed her like this. It's been so long since I've done something without her approval, so long, so long," I stop applying the dye and his hand's release from the edge of the tub.

"Why did you stop? Is something wrong?" I blink rapidly and stare down at the crazy man. Was it me or was he getting more insane? I feel my mouth open and quickly shut it. His eyes started to cloud like before.