"Mortess was your sister?" Aurnia's tiny voice attracted his attention, he simply nodded solemnly.

"And she was a topic to be forgotten by all, her name symbolised blasphemy." He turned away from her.

He couldn't believe he had just told his mate all about his long lost sister. It had always been a sore subject to both him and his brothers and his mother. Especially his mother.

Diana was always the overly caring type. She loved with all her heart and protected with her whole soul. And when Mortess, her beloved youngest child was sentenced to life imprisonment in the Underworld her heart broke to pieces.

She begged and begged for Jupiter and Juno to diminish her daughter's punishment but there was no going around the King and Queen's fury. Though Diana knew that Mortess was about to commit murder on her own mother, she still found a small place in her heart to forgive her.

That's what mothers do, they forgive the sins of their children and beg for god's mercy.

"Your mother still cares for Mortess, doesn't she?" Aurnia absentmindedly asked as if reading his thoughts.

"Like any other mother..." he trailed off leaving only the imagination of her mind to fill in the blanks.

"Then how is Nyla related to you all? I never heard any of you mention her as a 'Lycan sibling'." She narrowed her eyes at him catching him off guard with that question.

"She is only related to me - appearance related that is. Mum wanted a permanent vessel to be able to see us, so she created Nyalanna. But so that it didn't seen suspicious to humans or the werewolves, she created Nyla with an appearance closer to mine, making her my sister with the same last name as me. That's the only way I am related to her. Malcom and Brucio are totally unrelated to Nyla." He explained calmly with a small chuckle when he noticed Aurnia's confused face.

She huffed and got up from the bed, intent on getting back to work with the girls. It had already been probably a few hours and she was sure they weren't even near finishing.

"Woah, woah, woah, where are you going?" Othello quickly got to his feet causing her to roll her eyes at him. There he when again, being all controlling and stuff, but she wouldn't deny that it was oddly enticing.

"I'm going to help Nyla and Mikey with the rest of the invitation cards." She said in a duh tone and turned back to the door, throwing it open. She didn't even have time to step out of the room when she felt herself being pulled into a chest and two arms barricaded her.

She panicked slightly until she realised it was only her mate

She panicked slightly until she realised it was only her mate. He snuggled into the crook of her neck and sniffed. She giggled as it tickled her and tried to move out of his arms.

"You're getting pretty clingy Mr Stravos." She chuckled when he growled at her comment.

"I don't care, you're mine." That little statement set a smile upon her lips. She had never had someone who showed her so much love and belonging. Ever since her parents died she only ever felt loneliness and rejection.

And that one time she thought she had found true love was a complete misconception.

"You know you're the only one who's ever shown me true feelings." She said out of the blue. Even Othello was taken aback.

"You're the only one who's shown me the brighter and darker side of things. I feel like I finally belong somewhere, with someone. And I don't know how to thank you for that." She finished in a whisper as her stomach stomach filled with warmth and what felt like butterflies doing jump ropes made her smile even wider.

She felt utterly content and complete.

This was how she felt in her dream and she finally realised that her chaser was infact her mate.

I felt loved - immensely and utterly adored - and that only generated a fire of smiles and giggles.

Whoever this was, he made me happy and I was cocooned in warmth and bliss.

Othello made her happy, and that was all she needed to survive and fight.

■○■○■○■○■○■○■
Heyyya!!!!

What do you think of Aurnia's and Othello's relationship progression?
Too quick? Too slow?

Share your thoughts!!!

AND......
THE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE SECOND BOOK HALFLIFE IS UP NOW!!!!!

CLICK ON MY PROFILE TO READ IT NOW!!

Love you guys!!!❤

~Nextdoorgirl101