XXVIII

"I'm not scared,
Of the dark.
I'm not running, running,
Running.
No I'm not afraid of
The fall.
I'm not scared,
Not at all." - lil Wayne, XXXTENTACION & Tyga Dolla $ign - Scared of the dark.

■○■○■○■○■○■○■

Pacing in front of the grand metal door, Aurnia was trying to recall the password Nyla would type in when she would go out.

It was hard since Nyla would tap it in so fast that she hardly had any time to memorise it.

she stopped then stared at the keypad for the fifth time wishing that it would be enough to unlock the doors. She sighed when obviously it wasn't going to budge.

This world was magical to a certain extent she guessed.

Yes, she could've simply asked Nyla to open the doors for her, but she was already ashamed of how she acted towards the latter's brother and wanted to keep the little pride which was left.

Go to him, you know how to.

Nyla's words rippled about in Aurnia's mind but echoed back with no definite solution.

She groaned then sat on the hardwood floor facing the closed entrance - you know how to...you know how to...you know how t-

We do know how to Aurnia, just remember. The beast incited her

But I can't, I've been trying

Try harder! I know you can do it! remember what you've learnt with Nyla. She imaged it bouncing around, acting like her hype man.

She didn't want to disappoint it for some reason, so she closed her eyes and tried remembering her lessons on wizardry - potions, telekinesis, hypnosis, clairvoyance, spatial manipulation, elemental mani-

Wait...spatial manipulation?

Why was it so familiar to her?

She learnt briefly about it without any practice though. Then a rush of recollection hit her like a truck.

"Wanna see something cool?"

Oval trace...blue line

"Portailum ouvrus."

Glowing...blue light...bedroom...Othello's bedroom...falling through.

She gasped loudly like she had just resurfaced out of the ocean.

She hastily stood up, limbs shaking a little as she inhaled a significant amount of oxygen. She needed to do this for Othello's sanity, she needed to be the strong one right now even if she wasn't feeling strong - she needed to right her wrongs.

Raising a shaky finger she imaged a blue line appearing where she traced, she let her concentration fuel her energy into her fingertip.

Lesson number one, always concentrate or it'll form an unstable portal.

She heard Nyla's words from the other day inside her head. Concentrate.

Lesson number two, visualise your location clearly, do not let your mind wander or you'll get lost in limbo.