XVI

"Hesitation, awkward conversation,
Running on low expectation.
Every siren that I was ignoring,
I'm paying for it.
Loving you was
Sunshine, safe and sound
A steady place to let down
My defences.
But loving you had
Consequences." - Camila Cabello - Consequences.

■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■

Aurnia's POV

Finally walking into my small apartment, my whole composure seemed to flatten and break as I entered my home. I had enough of succeeding at failures, I was done with everything related to human beings I just didn't want to continue making efforts that would let me down.

I pressed my back to my front door, but I slid down to the floor through exhaustion. This was the type where you only wanted to be left alone and watch a movie or read a book in the comfort of your bed. But apparently fate didn't want to give me some piece as my phone rang and vibrated in my pocket. I sluggishly reached in my back pocket and checked who it was.

Mikey Mikaela I scoffed at the nickname she put her phone number on - such a weird one. I chuckled as I answered.

"Hello Mikey Mikaela." I hummed as she scoffed at me.

"I'm disappointed that you didn't even put a funny name on my phone." I could practically see her small pout through the phone.

"Excuse me milady for having hurt your poor weird soul." I giggled hearing her shout out a "hey!" followed by something crashing in the background. I can only assume that she fell or accidently broke something - both cases demonstrating how clumsy she could be.

"Okay so I think I'll have to abort mission and make a secret exit out of this store." She whispered in an alarmed tone - yep she broke something.

I laughed quietly as though I was there with her then broke in hysterical breathless sniggering as I heard her running away from a few security guards and into the streets. After a few minutes of me just losing a few brain cells from laughing so hard, she finally stopped running and breathed heavily.

"American people run too bloody fast." She seemed outraged by that fact as I heard her coughing trying to suck in as much air as she could.

"You really uplifted my spirits Mikaela." I hummed softly - it was silent for a while and I thought she had hung up but then she whispered worriedly.

"You were upset?"

"Yeah but-"

"What happened?"

"Mikaela it's nothing re-"

"Don't move, I'm coming over and I'm staying the night. No resisting this, I will find you." She threatened so I submitted and sent her my address.