New Year

Harry

"Happy new year!" My mates and I cheered atop of our lungs, party poppers going off as we raise our glasses clumsily, some liquor spilling out. I grasped my friend, Mitch, as we drown ourselves with shots - our adrenaline pumping.

"I wanna make a toast," Jeff, my agent and best friend clicked his glass, drunkly standing atop of the wooden table as everyone simmers down. We were surrounded with my crews and my band, It were just us. "I wanna thank you all for being here but of course, we couldn't have done it without Mr Harry Styles 'ere," He speaks, pointing at me.

A small grin approaches my lips as everyone whoops. "Now here in Japan, I'm excited to tell you all we aren't just here for New Years, but!" He dramatically paused, almost swaying off the table but he manages to balance himself.

"We'll be working on his second album!" he screams, sticking his tongue out excitedly.

The wide of my grin approaches my lips as everyone grabs me, embracing me. "Thank you!" I managed to say, the loud music playing again. My mind zones out as a realisation hits me. My former keyboardist was kicked out due to critical and sensitive reasons. Now who will take her place?

-

"Oi, wake up, will ya?" I groaned as the person nudges me, the hotel bed sinking aside. "Come on, 'Arry. We need to discuss about Claire being kicked out." I noticed the voice were Jeff's.

My head sinks deeper into the pillows, still hungover, hiding away from the sunlight. "It's disrespectful to wake me when I'm still sleeping," I mumbled, sighing after as I quickly gotten exhausted from speaking.

"Harry, just get up. I'll see you at the restaurant." He taps my back earning an annoying scowl from me. I listen to his footsteps against the wooden floor before the door shuts. My mind was finally awake and every ounce of my body is hot from the alcohol. I were sober but the Intoxicatingly liquor still lingered in my flesh.

"Bollocks," I groaned, forcing myself to get up. I took some pain killers, gulping it down with my bottled water. My limbs were sore but my soul were delighted for some odd reason. It's 2019, why would I start my year as a bummer?

Quickly, I took a cold shower to wake me up and quickly got dressed in my sweatpants and my merchandise sweater, Treat People With Kindness. My phone buzzed in my pockets and I let out a grunt as I take my wallet and card, walking out of the room, knowing it's Jeff calling me.

I ignore his call, arriving at the lobby and to the restaurant, seeing him by the table not so far behind. I take my seat, pushing my soaked hair back, helping myself with some black coffee.

"So now, we shall discuss about Claire." Jeff speaks after moments whilst I stir my black coffee. "There's nothing much to say, she's out." I simply said. "But Harry, you're losing a good one." Jeff defended her. My eyes gaze up at him, "If she's good, there's someone better than her." I tell him.

I run my fingers through my curls, rubbing my nail slightly over my scalp as I sigh. "Listen, there's nothing exactly to worry about, Jeff. I don't need a professional musician to make it to my band. Anyone can do music. I'll look for someone, alright?" I soothed him out.

"Alright. But that's not just it. If you find someone, that person should also learn about the recent album." He shrugs, taking a bite of his croissant. "I know. Now excuse me, I've got some errands to run."

I didn't wait for his reply, standing up and finding my way out. I didn't even take a sip of my coffee. I hated being pressured or people telling me what to do as if I wasn't a professional artist myself. It were my album and my music, I will choose who will make it or not in my band. But I didn't have the exact guts to tell Jeff that he can be pessimistic at times with my decision. I can definitely take criticism but not people taking my place that isn't theirs to say.

I put on my hoodie, making my way out of the building to be greeted by the cold breeze of Tokyo. Surprisingly, nobody noticed me yet as I stroll down the sidewalk, keeping my head low but not too low to be looking suspicious.

I needed to find someone, but could I possibly find them here?