Back Again

Venus

That morning I woke up to the rush of a train overhead. The air coming from the speed of the train cooled my body from the high sun.

"Brandon." I tapped him once.

"Brandon?" I tapped him twice.

I checked my phone and it was 7:48 the next bus would leave about 8:00.

"Brandon get up!" I started shaking his body hard.

"HUh! Venus, yo chill out." He sat straight up and ended up in my face. I kissed his cheek and got up.

"Good morning sleepy head. The next train is leaving soon and I really wanna go home." With that I started walking towards the station and he caught up.

"Hey! I need to go somewhere really quickly though. Don't worry I need to see my uncle."

To the train then to Marlons we went.

__

"You got my son shot, you got shot at, you got your friends hurt, you also almost got Venus shot." Marlon said through gritted teeth.

"A boy got hit by a car yesterday and you think your brave huh? Congrats to you, you got what you wanted." Brandon held his head down and reached into his pocket. He pulled out the gun and I looked away.

What if he really had to use it?

"Oh and now you taking guns? Yeah you big and bad. Go on be a brave little man. Take your ass home!" He yelled out in anger before he opened his door.

He turned to me with softer eyes and nodded, "It was nice seeing you again, little planet."

"It was nice seeing you too." And with that he smiled and closed his door.

Silence.

"I need to make this right with the guys."

"Let's go then, B."