Magnificat - Visiting

"Miryam, do you have to go?" Anna, her mother, asked again. she'd only asked her several times since dawn.

"Yes, mama. Elisheba will need my help. She's aged, and giving birth. It's a miracle. The Lord is with her."

"He is. Yahweh is gracious and loving. He answers the prayers from the deepest part of a woman's heart. I'm still not sure about this vision you told me, Miry... an angel? A baby? God's son? It does not seem real. Maybe you just need to tell me something, hum?"

"Mama. I would not do any such thing. You know me better than that! I would not betray Yosef that way. He's a good man. I look forward to being married to him. What I am telling you is truth." Miryam had told her father and mother during breakfast about the Visitation of the angel, and what he said to her. Father had not been very receptive at first, but not being a man of temper, he simply nodded and left the table. Mother, well, Miryam now knew what she thought. "You will see what the Lord has done."

"I'm just afraid for you daughter. Girls found with child are usually stoned. To death. Then I would lose you and my grandchild. Talk to Yosef when you get the chance. He's a just man." Anna hugged her daughter, and kissed her forehead. "I know that if this is the Lord's hand, Yosef will accept it."

"As soon as I return from Elisheba's house, I will talk with him. She is already in her sixth month, so I want to stay until she has delivered."

Anna once again hugged and kissed her daughter. "Be safe, child. Yahweh will go with you!"