9

Kagami - you mean to tell me that you're locked up?!

Unknown - yes! Is that so hard to believe?!

Kagami - soft of. How are you texting me if you're locked up?

Unknown - the one who locked me up didn't realize I still had my phone with me. Listen, I would need you to come and get me out.

Kagami - I guess I can do that. Tell me where you are.

Unknown - in the Agreste Mansion.

Kagami - pfft. No way am I going there. Are you crazy?! How am I supposed to even get inside when you know how Adrien treats me?

Unknown - what? I thought you were supposed to be a tough girl? And are you trying to tell me that Adrien hates you?

Kagami - shut up!

Unknown - we're texting, not talking to each other!

Unknown - let's make a deal. You set me free, and you'll become the boss of me. Which means you will ask me to do you any favors or anything you please, and I will not say no.

Kagami - sounds like a plan!

-

Most of the students have left after the bell rang. Only Alix, Rose, Marinette and Adrien remained.

Marinette looked down at Adrien. He was busy stuffing books in his bag. She wondered how she was going to confront him. But, she didn't do anything wrong, right?

"Hey," she spoke softly, she was sure Adrien didn't hear her. But he turned around and waved back as if he couldn't talk.

"Alright, bye," Alix waved at all of them and left the class. Rose followed right behind her.

Marinette got out of her seat. "Wanna walk home together?" Adrien just slightly gave her a nod and they both walked out.

"Are you mad?" Finally, she decided to blurt out the question. There was a bit of silence, waiting for him to say something.

"Yeah... At Kagami and at Nath." Adrien shrugged. "I thought he was better than that. Never knew he was capable of doing something like that. But of course, why wouldn't he take the chance to pretend that he's dating you, after all you are..." He stopped.

"I'm what?" Marinette asked, even though she already knew the rest of that sentence, a small smile forming on her face.

"... Beautiful..."

Even though she expected the word, her face still went full blown red at it. "Uh... Thanks?"

Then suddenly someone from behind started running up to them, yelling her name and for her to wait.

They both looked back to see Nathaniel. He stopped in front of them, mostly looking at Marinette.

"What do you want?" Adrien clenched a fist. "Here to cause trouble again?"

Nathaniel frowned. "No, I just came to apologize." He huffed. "Marinette, I'm really sorry, alright? I just... I didn't know what I was thinking. I now know that Kagami is the bad one..."

"You now know?!" Adrien laughed. "What a joke! I guess you haven't noticed her talking trash about Marinette and stuff like that." He grabbed Marinette's arm. "Listen, Nathaniel! Marinette doesn't need your apology. You've gone against her now. You can go back to Kagami. I'm sure she'll still need you."

He spat, and started dragging Marinette away, Marinette not being able to utter a single word as Adrien had done that for her.

"There's no need to get jealous, right Adrien?" Marinette smirked.

"I can't stand him being anywhere near you," Adrien said. "He thinks he can use you, and then apologize, hoping you'd forgive him?"

Marinette chucked at this. "But he was talking to me, so how would you know I wouldn't want to forgive him?"

Adrien only smiled as he continued to drag her away, holding unto her hand tightly. "Because I saw the way you glared at him!"

"Well then, you've got good eyes." Marinette laughed.

The both of them didn't realize the girl that was secretly following them, waiting to attack!