|| Twenty-Four ||

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Just take care of what's outside. I've got them covered," Famine reassures her fiery-tempered sister. War vanished and rejoined Death and Pestilence in the courtyard.

The blonde-haired Horseman brushes off the dust from her clothes and summons her blade. "Follow me, gentlemen."

"You know where you're goin'?" Noctis questioned, curious as to how Famine knew her way through the Citadel.

"Of course I do. My sisters and I have visited the Citadel many times. You just haven't seen us because our meetings with King Regis were secretive and only a few people had knowledge of our existence. His Majesty only trusted three people with this knowledge because he feared one of his trusted allies was plotting against him. It's a shame to see his fear became reality."

"Yeah..." Noctis melancholically sighed.

The wall to their left was pummeled into a pile of debris as a couple of reapers obscured their path. Famine immediately charged in while the boy's summoned their weapons to provide assistance. Noctis, Ignis, and Gladio jumped into the fray alongside the Horseman while Prompto kept his distance with his pistol.

Famine decapitated one of the reapers, but the other one swung its scythe at her. Prompto saw she was oblivious of the incoming attack and ran to her side, tackling her to safety. They rolled across the marble floor, coming to a stop just a few feet from the throne room. Noctis, Gladio, and Ignis finished off the daemon while Prompto released his hold on the girl. "Y-You okay?"

The Horseman smiled sweetly at him. "I'm fine. You do know I'm immortal, right?"

"W-Well..." He nervously stuttered. "That still doesn't mean I want to see you get hurt."

Famine giggled at his response, her smile widening. "Now I know where the gods dumped all their sweetness."

"On your feet!" Gladio roared. More daemons were pouring into the Citadel through the hole the reapers created. Death, Pestilence, and War regrouped with the boys and Famine, taking down the onslaught of daemons.

"We can't keep this up," Pestilence stated.

"Get into the throne room, now!" (Y/n) demanded. The boys and her sisters listened, avoiding the daemons that were trying to swarm them.

Once inside the grand room, the four Horsemen sewed the door and combined their mana to create a temporary lock. "That'll hold for a few minutes," War exclaimed. "We need to make this quick."

"Once the Starscourge has been vanquished, the sun will deal with the daemons for us," Pestilence stated.

"Then let's bring the Crystal home," Famine smiled.

Noctis stood beside (Y/n), watching as she and her sisters used their connection to the summoning orbs to bring the Crystal back to where it belongs. A bright light filled the throne room for a few seconds before dissipating. The Crystal, which was once stolen, stood in the spot where it belonged. All the Horsemen sighed, exhausted from the massive amount of mana they used.

(Y/n) felt her body was weak and she grabbed ahold of Noctis' sleeve, catching the prince's attention. "Now... it's your turn, Your Majesty."

"The rightful king shall sit upon the throne and purge the world of the Starscourge," the four Horsemen said in unison.

Silently, Noctis nodded and summoned his father's sword. He slowly ascended the stairs and sat down in the throne that now was his. Holding Regis' blade tightly, he did what he had to do to bring light back to Eos.

While watching alongside her sisters, (Y/n) felt a tinge or pain in her hands. Raising her hands, she saw her flesh was transparent and slowing shattering with cracks of bright light. "Guess we used too much mana, huh?" She whispered to herself. She eyed her sisters, noticing their bodies were also shattering with a brilliant light. Clenching her fists tightly, she decided to ignore what was happening to her and the other Horsemen.