|| Four ||

With everyone in agreement, the stranger smiled and began walking towards the parking lot. "I'm not one to stand on ceremony, but such an occasion calls for an introduction. Please, call me "Ardyn." Come with me to the car park. That's where I left my automobile. She's a dear old thing. Pales next to your Regalia, but she's never let me down. So we take two vehicles-a convoy of sorts. Shall we?"

"Or... Y'know... We could just go by ourselves..." (Y/n) muttered as she walked between Noctis and Prompto.

Noctis didn't like the thought of Ardyn tagging along, but it was the only way he knew how to get through the Imperials that were protecting the Disc. "Sounds great and all, but how do you plan on getting past the gate and the guards?"

Holding up a single finger, the Horseman smiled. "I have quite a deadly touch. They would be ashes blowing in the breeze in mere seconds, and the gate... Well, it'd be added to the ashes."

"That... actually sounds like a better idea than this," Noctis confesses. He liked the idea because it didn't involve their new, mysterious guide and it would rid Eos of a few more Imperials.

Gladio heard their mumbling and couldn't help but make a small comment. "Damn, talk about "dark"."

"What do you mean "dark"? Those are just the normal ideas that pop into my head," (Y/n) admitted as if she were innocent.

"Uh, you really think talkin' about turning people and things into ashes is "normal"? That is dark, (Y/n)," Prompto spoke honestly.

"It really isn't..." The Horseman fell silent, pondering if they truly were dark thoughts. "Is it?" (Y/n) stopped in her tracks, not being able to decide for herself.

Gladio stopped next to her, patting the top of her head. "Don't worry 'bout it." (Y/n) nodded, now following beside the shield.

The six reach the parking lot and Ardyn stood by his scarlet vehicle. "All set?" His amber eyes bounced between the four boys and girl before settling on Noctis.

"Yeah. Let's get this over with," the prince breathed out.

"Allow me to do the honor of assigning your driver..." The man stated as he bickered in his mind as to which person he would choose to drive.

"You must be joking..." The Horseman growled, her eye slightly twitching in vexation.

After what felt like hours, which was only a few seconds, Ardyn gestured to Noctis. "I choose you!"

"Fine by me," the prince nonchalantly replies.

"You drive your car, and I drive mine. With that decided, let us be off."

<------<<<<<<

On the outskirts of Lestallum, two cars were parked side by side. Craning his neck, Ardyn eyed the companions in the Regalia. "Just to be clear, this isn't a race, it is a chase. You're not to pass me. Lose sight of me, and you'll lose your way. And no tailgating. An accident would spoil the trip."

"Oh, now I want to see you rear end him," (Y/n) muttered from the back seat, now being squished between Gladio and Ignis. "Or give him a gentle nudge off the side of a bridge. Either way, we win." She sat forward a little in her seat to create a little room for her to move.

Prompto turned in his seat to glance at Death. "Are you telling us to commit a crime?"

"Oh, please. You four feel the same way as I do. I'm just the only one who's saying it out loud."