|| Twenty-Three ||

A/n: In this chapter, you'll get a small taste of the other pairings in the upcoming books.

I WILL PROOFREAD THESE LAST TWO CHAPTERS AND CORRECT ANY ERRORS WHEN I GET TO THE HOTEL. CURRENTLY HEADING TO NORTH CAROLINA FOR VACATION!

Hope you all enjoy!! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••
Once everyone split from the meeting, Prompto decided to remain in the diner and scroll through all the pictures he had taken throughout their journey across Eos. When he stopped on a picture of (Y/n) and Noctis laughing together, he felt a tinge of jealousy. The sharpshooter has been wanting a relationship like theirs for a while and couldn't help but feel envious of Noctis.

Prompto was so absorbed in his camera that he failed to notice the girl approaching his table. She stood at the end, staring down at the camera's screen in admiration. "Wow, you're pretty good at taking pictures."

The boy's head snapped upwards and he realized it was Famine. Her jade eyes bounced up from the screen as she gestured to the seat across from him. "May I?"

"U-Uh, yeah, o-of course," Prompto stuttered nervously, a faint blush on his cheeks. Famine sat down and Prompto angled the camera to where they both could see the screen.

As the shutterbug scrolled through the pictures idly, his eyes ket traveling over to the Horseman. Her golden locks cascade over her shoulders and pooled on the tabletop. He admired her beauty as she concentrated on the pictures. This was the first time he had met Famine while he already had a brief encounter with War and Pestilence.

"Have you ever thought of being a professional photographer?" Famine suddenly asked.

Prompto answered the girl's question with his own. "You think they're that good?"

"Yeah! I think you've got what it takes to be a professional photographer. I used to visit galleries when I lived on Eos and I've never seen beautiful shots like these. You're even better than most professionals!"

The boy was speechless at her compliment. He stared with wide blue eyes, not even trying to hide the fact he was staring like he was a few minutes ago.

Famine tilted her head in confusion as to why he was looking at her with shock. "Are you doubting yourself, Prompto?"

The sharpshooter was taken aback at how she knew his name, but he didn't question it. His shocked expression was replaced with a crestfallen one. "I'm not that good."

"Yes, you are. Stop doubting yourself! If you think like that, you'll always put yourself down and let others walk all over you. Trust me, that's how I ended up in the hands of the Daemon King. One day, you'll snap and do something you'll regret if you don't believe in yourself from the start."

Prompto took Famine's words to heart and smiled at her. "Thank you."

<———————<<<<<<<

Outside the diner, Pestilence stood by the gate that enclosed the outpost. She stared up at the starless sky, a solemn expression written across her features. She sighed as she closed her eyes and lowered her head. In the distance, she could see flicks of daemons meandering about in search of anything or anyone to kill.

From behind, Pestilence heard footsteps approaching her. She glanced over her shoulder and saw Ignis. A smile graced her face as he reached her side. She realized he no longer used his cane to get around. "Glad to see you are doing well, Ignis."

"Only time will tell how well I will truly manage with such a hindrance," the tactician responded.

"I don't believe blindness is a hindrance. Though you may not be able to gaze upon the world with your own eyes, beauty is not only displayed by sight."