|| Seven ||

Noctis' headache suddenly returns, bringing him down to one knee. He recovers as fast as he can and tries to run away from the crumbling ledge. When the prince reached out to grab (Y/n), he realized she was no longer beside him. Then, the ground underneath him vanished and he began to fall. His body slams against a slope and he desperately tries to stop his descent.

Someone suddenly grabbed his arm and stopped his fall. "Noct!" The prince looked up and saw his shield had saved him. "I gotcha!" The two work in tandem in order for Noctis to be pulled up to safety.

Once on solid ground, the raven-haired boy searched the entire area. "Where's (Y/n)?"

Gladio scanned further down the slope and spotted the sable-haired girl clinging onto a ledge, desperately trying not to fall. "Down there!"

Noctis followed his gaze and shouted the Horseman's name. "(Y/n)!" Her head snapped upwards and her (e/c) eyes met the prince's sapphire ones. He searched for a safe way down and saw a path to their right. "Let's go, Gladio!"

The two ran down the path and it led them directly to (Y/n). Noctis leaned over the ledge and reached out for her. Death used her strength and pushed herself up the slope so she could reach the prince's outstretched hand. Once their hands connected, Noctis hoisted her up and over the ledge. She sighed in relief and fell onto her back. "Oh, how I love solid ground."

"You alright?" The prince asked.

The Horseman nodded, sitting up and rising to her feet. "Oh, yeah. Just a small heart attack from the fall."

"Why didn't you try the summoning orb?" Gladio questioned the younger boy.

"I didn't even think about using it," Noctis admits.

(Y/n) brushed a few pebbles that had latched onto her outfit off. "The summoning ability only works if we're far apart. Even if you did try, it wouldn't have worked."

"Could've mentioned that earlier."

"It didn't matter 'til now," Death rebuttals.

The ground shook again and all eyes fell upon the Meteor that slowly began rising. Underneath the fallen celestial body was the Archaean himself. "What the-?" Noctis muttered in utter shock. The Astral spoke in the language of the gods, making it indecipherable. "Goddamn... This is the Archaean?"

"Seems we woke the big guy up." Gladio glanced towards (Y/n). "You know what he's saying?"

She shook her head. "No. I'm not familiar with the tongue the gods use. Remember, I'm from the Inner Sanctum and have no connection to the Astrals in any way, shape, or form. I'm simply a mythical being from the dimension in-between."

"He's trying to tell me something ... But what?" The younger boy murmurs, eyes narrowed at the Archaean.

From high above, the three heard Prompto shout out to them. "(Y/n)! Noct! You both okay?"

"Peachy," Death responded.

"Thank heavens you're safe. Is there a way back up?" Ignis inquired.

"No, but there's another path. Gonna see where it leads," the prince responds to his advisor.

"You two try to get down," Gladio said.

Ignis nodded. "Very well. We'll look for a way. Be careful, now."

"You, too," Noctis stated.

"What? We're going where?!" The blonde wails before disappearing with Ignis.

Walking down the path, Noctis and Gladio exchanged a few words here and there. By the sound of Noctis' tone, he was on edge and not in the mood for idle chitchat. When they spotted a flock of Dynoaevis birds flying overhead, more talking ensued and (Y/n) couldn't believe the tone the prince was giving his shield. She remained out of the discussion, pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration.