|| Eleven ||

In Talcott's room, (Y/n) had held the boy closely until he had cried himself to sleep. Her heart ached for the boy as she sat him down on the bed and pulled the sheets over his body. The sun's rays bounced through the windows and she closed the curtains to keep them from waking Talcott. She sat down in a chair located in the corner of the room. Pulling her legs up, she rested them on the chair. Death placed her arm on the armrest and cupped her chin in her palm as she stared out the slit in the curtains.

(Y/n) hadn't heard the door open until she heard her name. "(Y/n)?"

Her head snapped up and she saw Noctis standing in the doorway. "Huh?"

"You plan on staying in here all day?"

"What?" She gasped, glancing towards the clock. She realized it was past noon and nearly fell out of the chair when she tried to stand up. "It's already noon?"

"Yeah. You've been in here for hours. Talcott was worried when you wouldn't move or respond to him."

"I totally spaced out and lost track of time. Did you and the others get a little sleep?" (Y/n) asked.

"Uh, yeah. We're about to head out and grab a bite. Wanna join us?" Noctis offered.

Death nodded with a gentle smile. "Sure. Give me a few minutes and I'll be down."

<-----<<<<<<<

In the lobby, Noctis and Gladio were waiting for (Y/n) while Prompto and Ignis went on ahead to the eatery to grab a table. As they waited patiently, the brute crossed his arms with a smirk. "Someone's crushin' on Death."

"What?" The prince's eyes widened in shock at the accusation.

"I see the way you look at her and don't try to deny it, either. Hell, even Prompto noticed." Noctis fell silent, unable to think of an excuse. He refused to speak about the matter further, but Gladio wouldn't back down. He elbowed him in the arm, his smirk growing. "Tell her."

"You seriously think I'm gonna tell her?" The prince scoffed.

"Damn right. You're gonna tell her and I'm gonna make sure you do."

"Why do you care about this?" The raven-haired boy questioned with a raised eyebrow.

Gladio threw an arm across Noctis' shoulders, pulling him closer. "Not every day you find someone special."

Noctis could only think of one question. "Why should I tell her my feelings when she'll be leaving after killing the other Wendigos?"

"Just tell her, dammit," the bodyguard groaned. "You'll cross that bridge when you come to it."

Noctis was about to retort, but he sealed his lips once he saw (Y/n) walking down the stairs. She smiled at the two before gesturing to the entrance of the hotel. "Shall we?"

"Uh, yeah. Let's go," the younger boy responded with a hint of nervousness. Gladio smacked Noctis on the back as Death walked beside him. The hit caused his body to lurch forward and grunt in pain, earning a confused gaze from the Horseman. "T-Tripped over my own feet," he quickly concocted a lie.

(Y/n) giggled lightly at his lie, but she didn't call him out on it. "Of course you did, Noct."

<------<<<<<<<

At the eatery, the five sat down and enjoyed a meal. Prompto has ordered a slice of fluffy chiffon cake after finishing his lunch and pushed the plate in front of (Y/n). She eyed the blonde in front of her, perplexed as to why he had passed the cake her way. He smiled like a child as he nudged it closer. "Try it, (Y/n)!"