•FIVE•

December 27th, 1977, Tuesday.

Potter mansion, Second Living room.

Christmas had come and gone and like every year it was magical, my parents always went that extra step as it was their favourite holiday by far, mum always cooked too much (not that any of us complained), my dad always over played muggle Christmas music and Sirius and James were like five-year-old boys the entire week running up to the special day (you better believe the wake the entire house up at five AM) no one ever really minded though as it was exciting for everyone, my mum would get up and make everyone cups of tea or Sirius a coffee and my father would get the fire started and we would all sit in the living room in our pyjamas exchanging presents. I was gifted with so much gifts this year that I can't really remember all of the gifts I got, my favourite was a Queen record that I got from Sirius, I was so excited that I actually tackled him and accidentally made him spill his coffee on himself as I did.

Everything was great and I loved every second of being home in the mad house except for the constant feeling of anxiousness that I felt every single time that I was alone in the company of my parents myself, I was petrified that I would just blurt out the fact I'm in a relationship with Regulus.

Myself and Regulus had sent each other our presents the day after Christmas, and I had gotten him a new sweater that had a horrible pattern on it because I knew that it would make him smile and cringe at the thought of him having to wear it. He had gotten me a more serious present that I plan to give him a row for as it looks far too expensive, it was a silver locket necklace that had my initials engraved into the front with a two fresh water pearls hanging from the chain. It was beautiful and I have not taken it off, strangely I find myself touching it constantly as it warms up a few times throughout the day it's not enough to burn me but enough for me to notice

I thought today would be a good time to tell my parents as it was now two days after Christmas and things were settling down and I was also sitting with my parents in our library or second living room as you could say across from them, my mum was reading a cook book that James got her for Christmas taking notes on a piece of parchment beside her. My mother was one of the most caring women I had ever met, she loved her kids and everyone else's kids. If you looked up the definition of a mother it would just say Euphemia Potter, she was just a warm woman that cooked amazing meals and brownies. I wasn't really worried about telling my mother as I knew she would love me no matter what I did, but there was still a little bit of doubt she would be disappointed or worried about our relationship.

My father on the other hand, was reading a book that I had gotten him from Christmas about the history of a muggle sport called football. My father is a little bit different from my mother in the sense that he is a little bit stricter and protective when it comes to his 'little Kathy', so I wasn't sure how he was going to react to the news I had a boyfriend never mind it was a boy whose family was die hard blood-purity crazy people! I know what you're thinking "Wait a minute Sirius is still technically apart of that family?" fair enough he isn't blood status crazy, he's just stupid.

Putting down my muggle book 'Great Gatsby' that Lily got for me that I was trying to read to maybe help calm my nerves but I could feel my chest growing heavier by each breath, like I was breathing in thick smoke and it was getting chocking me. Attempting to slow down my breaths I started taking in a large breath enough to fill my lungs and letting it out as well as my worries and I can assure you it didn't work, At all.

Staring at my parents at what felt like forever trying to think of the right way to even start up a conversation of boys with them. I just needed to push myself that little bit further and grow a pair of balls but I just couldn't and if it wasn't for my father looking up from his book at the right time I most likely wouldn't have said anything and just never said anything to them ever.