1. I am a failure

Your pov.

It was 3 in the morning and I was exhausted from working all day. I woke up at 6 in the morning and went to school, after which I went to my workplace. After coming back, I studied for the tests I had and completed my homework. At 11, I finished my homework and sat down to practice music. Life was exhausting. But I knew giving up wasn't the solution.

Squishing my still burning cigarette in my hand, I threw it outside my window. I was not an addict. Only smoking when I am stressed.

I sat down on my desk and again tried completing the lyrics that I was struggling on for the past four months. It was an English song. Although I lived in Korea, my tongue spoke perfect English. Not that I could not speak Korean but I always struggle with it.

For the last four months, I have been trying to complete my song. After writing only four lines I lost my inspiration. I was lost in my thought when my bedroom door creaked open.

"You are still awake dear." My father asked gently. But my head which was earlier on my desk flew up and looked at him with a shocked expression.

"Sorry, I scared you. I didn't mean to do that." He said again approaching me. He came towards me and patted my head.

"Still practicing music." He asked and I nodded.

"You know, I respect you and your dreams, but you are 16 now with no goal. Don't you want to decide what you want to be in the future." He said.

"Dad. I told you music is my life. I want to be a singer and a dancer. The other things are baseless for me because I am not interested in them." I said tiredly.

"But the point is I never heard you sing. You never sang in front of us. So how would we know if your dream is baseless or not." He said trying to convince me for the tenth time. Money was important for our family. That's why he wanted to have a dream which will earn me enough money to feed my entire family.

"Dad please just please. I am not in the mood for this kind of discussion." I said.

"What, I am just telling the truth. Which is the fact that you cannot sing nor can you dance. No, I didn't mean it like that just......"

"It's okay dad. All my life this is the only thing I ever heard from you. Just go now." He looked at me apologetically but moved towards the door. But he paused near the dust bin.

"What is this." He said while putting his hand into the dustbin.

Oh shit. I am so dead.

I went to grab for the test sheet which was in his hand but too bad he already saw what was inside it.

"Cameroon. What is this. You got only 14 out of 50 in maths." He raised his voice at me. I flinched at the sudden tone of voice and looked at the ground.

I felt the bruise forming on my cheek after he slapped me hard across my cheek and the tears forming in my eyes. I did deserve that slap though. My vision got blurry and I couldn't understand anything he was saying. He left the room annoyed. My body dropped to the floor and Boomer came running towards me. He sat on my lap and looked at me. I slowly moved my hands and caressed him.

"Well I guess I am a failure. That's why everyone says that." I said as another tear dropped from my eyes.

"But don't you worry. I am trying. I will work my ass off but still accomplish my dream. And when dad sees that he will proud. I ain't giving up bitches. But this pain is too much for me to handle." I said as I took his tiny face in my hands and kissed him on his so called nose.

I put him on my bed and went inside the washroom. I stared at my mirror for a while, and splashed some water on it. Being famous didn't help. I still get bullied every single time. Because of my face. They say, I look ugly. And maybe I did. And maybe that's why he also left me.

I pulled out my drawer and took my blade into my hands. My hands were not shaking since it was not my first time.

One cut.
Two cuts.
Three cuts.

I felt myself getting numb. I looked at my hands and there were marks on them. The wound still fresh and open so the blood was flowing out of it.

And there sitting on my bathtub, which was now red due to the blood, I went into sleep.