7

His eyes followed through the highly decorated ceiling, the garlands of flowers hanging from up to down along with those tiny mirrors thread down

His eyes followed through the highly decorated ceiling, the garlands of flowers hanging from up to down along with those tiny mirrors thread down. The red theme matching the occasion and in the middle stayed the holy area with a high level of square where he saw the dry firewood. His house was nothing less than a function hall right now.

With his eyebrows creased he watched every worker doing their job with a dull expression, where they bring forced? Or was it Annika who was being missed by them? Scratching his forehead, he focused his attention on his mother.

She was the one who brought him where re was standing right now. The women he always wanted to make happy, she had given her so much just for him, stayed awake when he would continue crying at those nights when he was sick at an early age, whenever he needed something it was already kept in front of his eyes, just that he wouldn't feel that he was left out from something.

Her mother's livelyness brought along so much of happiness and joy onto his face, her constant bugging into his life was what he always looked forward at the end of his day. How was he going to make her unhappy when all of the life she devoted herself into making his life comfortable? How was he going to stress her out? Sighing, his feet turned around to leave the hallway.

Minutes later, he found himself being dragged into the dressing room by her mother who was adamant on making him ready. "Mom there's so much time for the wedding, why do you want me to get ready do soon?"

"Aren't you desperate to get married to Tia?" He opened his mouth to revert back but decided to be silent, he wanted nothing to go wrong by just a mere sentence he would vent out.

"I..am..just, nevermind" pinky frowned at his son, he seemed nervous to her but a part of her knew that something really was odd.

"I don't wanna hear your ifs and buts, get ready fast" he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration, what was the need to rush? Grabbing the white sherwani from the hanger, he fisted them into his palms and made his way into washroom.

***

Annika stared at the wall behind her television, the remote thrown mercilessly on the floor as she let out her frustration on the poor device which seemed to have done nothing. All the news channels showed the same news again and again, what was keeping them up so much about the whole Oberoi wedding? Pulling her hair out in frustration, she inhaled in amount of oxygen before grabbing the remote.

Her stomach grumbled and she stared down herself, she would surely get suck if she skipped her lunch after morning's breakfast and last night's dinner. She couldn't gather why she was so grumpy and frustrated when she knew this what she wanted to happen.

She wanted him happy, she wanted to have his part of happiness which never belonged with her, this what she wanted. Tia was perfect for him, she had everything, money, beauty, her flawless curves, intelligence and here she was torn, broken, miserable, a girl without money, she was nowhere near to Tia.