"What?" He asked them. I arrived next to them and spoke to him.

"Lorenzo, I need to talk to you." I ignored the others.

"Oh so your brother doesn't know about the threesome you had this Saturday?" One of the guys mocked me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said upset and Lorenzo was as shocked as I was earlier.

"What the hell Violet?!" He said out loud and we got the attention of other students. His reaction surprised me because I thought he knew me better than that.

"I haven't done anything! The whole school behaves like I did something." I reached into my bag and pulled out some of the papers then threw them on the table in front him. Stefan watched in silence with a smirk on his face.

"Your sister had a very good time with Stefan and me last Saturday." Stefan's best friend Dave spoke. I couldn't believe he would just make up a lie like that in front of me but before I could speak the same girls I was with during that party with Stefan approached us from another table. They listened to all of it.

"Apparently she bled a lot." One of them said in ridiculing manner.

"Yes, and there are pictures!" Another one added and opened a tub of ketchup spraying it all over my top. The entire canteen was staring at me and everyone was laughing while I felt like Carrie in the novel of Stephen King. I couldn't deal with what was going on so I ran out of school, my brother following behind.

He shouted at me to wait but I ignored it while stopping the taxi which passed by exactly at the right time. I quickly sat in before he even stopped the car but Lorenzo managed to keep up, entering right after me. He told the taxi driver our home address and then turned to me. I breathed heavily and my heart was pounding with stress.

"What the hell have you done Violet?" He shouted at me which only upset me further as my brother was always supportive and reasonable before.

"I can't believe you are asking me this! I didn't do anything, they made it up!" I shouted back. The driver started at us in the mirror but none of us bothered.

"Oh come on, you didn't even tell me Stefan was coming over on Saturday, I found that out from him the same day, but I didn't say anything." As much as I had the urge to explain everything that happened that much I couldn't gather myself to do it. It was as if my voice was lost.

The taxi took only five minutes to get us home and I exited immediately. Lorenzo paid the driver and came running after me. "Violet wait!" He called loudly.

I pushed the gate of our garden open and crossed the lawn towards the house door. "I can't believe you didn't even stand up for me!" I shouted back as the tears uncontrollably escaped my eyes.

"What's going on?" I heard my mother ask from Sage's gazebo where she, my grandma and my aunt were sitting with him. I didn't bother to reply, I just slammed the door behind me and ran straight into my bedroom, locking its door.

I threw the stained top on the floor and laid down on the bed, sobbing in the pillow. Soon after, Lorenzo and my mother were banging on my bedroom door, but I shouted at them to leave me alone. My aunt tried too, but I ignored her. I heard Lorenzo say how he had no idea what was going on and that some people were making fun of me at school. Then I heard another pair of feet climb the stairs. At first I thought it was someone else from the house but it was Sage.

"What's the matter?" He asked the others.

"I don't know, apparently she got into an argument at school and some kids were mocking her." My mother replied.

"She doesn't want to open the door." My aunt added.

"I am so sorry about this Mr Devereaux, I hope it didn't spoil your day." I felt like rolling my eyes at my mother for having to make it all proper all the time.

"No, don't apologise. I will talk to Violet." At this point I wasn't surprised that he would try something like that, but I didn't expect him to do it in front of my family. I could bet that Lorenzo found this super odd, unlike my mother who was completely blinded by Sage's charm and saw him as a saint.

"No, you really don't have to do that." My mother pleaded but I knew that inside she wanted him to do it. She adored Sage like a son even though she was only about 15 years older than him.

"Mary please..." Sage said in a calm, persuading voice. His please was more like a 'come on' rather than begging.

"Oh, thank you Sage." Sometimes she called him by his surname despite him telling her to refer to him with his name. Now she did it. She sighed and told Lorenzo to go down with her so that Sage could try and speak to me alone. As I expected, the moment they were gone he came knocking.

He knocked and softly repeated for me to open. I sobbed with my face down on the pillow and I tried to keep it as quiet as possible. I didn't want him to hear me or see me like this.

"Come on Violet...please." His tone was calming and it honestly made me consider opening the door, but I quickly gave up on the idea as I didn't want him to see me so vulnerable. It was the first time I heard Sage ask for something using 'please', rather than just force things his way.

"Violet..." He persisted patiently.

"Leave me alone..." I replied for the first time, allowing him to hear my upset voice. A part of me wanted to let him in and cry on his chest but a bigger part of me resisted.

"No. Open the door and be a good girl!" He was now ordering but his tone was still very gentle.

"I-I cannot-t..." I stammered due to crying.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I don't want you to see me like this." I said only once I made sure I won't stammer again. I sort of stopped crying for a couple of seconds, but Sage helped that. He distracted me.

"Violet, being upset is completely normal. I am a grown man, not an immature teenager. I've seen people cry before. It is nothing to be ashamed of." He tempted me to let him in more and more, and I knew that it would end his way. Deep down it would've disappointed me if it haven't.

"I'll give you a lot of candy if you open that door." I don't know how he knew I liked candy, or maybe he just guessed it, but it was the thing which finally persuaded me. It wasn't that I craved candy or anything, but it was more his approach. I liked how he tried to convince me rather than force me this time. It showed he had some sense of care.

After a few moments I quietly got off the bed, put on the first clean top I found and opened the door. Sage smiled softly and entered, closing the door behind him. I just turned around and went back to bed. He sat on one edge, I laid back down on the other and turned on the opposite side so he wouldn't see my face. With just one hand he turned me around, without a word. I immediately hid my face with my palms however he grabbed my wrists to pull them away. I tried to keep them there as hard as I could but he was stronger so he pulled them off my face, forcing me into a sitting position. My face was a mess, I knew it. My eyes were swollen, my cheeks wet with tears and I was red. I was so upset with everything that I burst out crying again and Sage, seeing how hurt I was, put his arm around me, gently grabbing my neck and pulling me into his chest. I sobbed and wet his navy blue shirt. He let me let it all out for a couple of minutes and whispered 'shh' every now and then while stroking my hair.

He slowly moved me into a laying position, so I curled into a ball. Sage laid down next to me, on his right side. He didn't lay down on the pillow but he rested his head on his palm which rested on his elbow. With his left hand he continued to quietly stroke my hair and face, while watching me stare at a distant spot.

"Tell me what happened?" He whispered. I calmed down and slowly told him everything, including that he cannot mention to my mother that Stefan came over. He got up and picked up the ketchup stained t-shirt. He looked at it.

"Don't worry princess, I know what is going to make you feel better." He smirked and I knew he had something planned.