𝐓𝐄𝐍 NEED MORE SLEEP

Start from the beginning

The hearing of thumps of shoes and the clicks of Kory's heels made Rachel turn the TV off, and the teens watched as Kory and Dick walked towards them, Dick placed himself on the end of the sofa, across from Maeve. Dick began breathing heavily contemplating on his words. "He says your birth mother is still alive." Maeve moved her sock covered feet off the cushion, leaning forward a bit quite curious.

"What?" Rachel asked in disbelieve. Garfield pushed himself up, so he now had his elbows resting on his knees. "He claims they've been holding her prisoner... He may be lying." He said. Rachel's mouth was agape, and her eyes were wide from the news she was receiving. "He says your mothers name is Angela Azarath." Kory added, walking around to sit next to Dick. "They're holding her at some asylum, apparently he and his people are dead set on keeping you two apart." Kory said, lacing her fingers together when finishing her sentence.

"Why?" Garfield asked. "Some more blabber about Rachels father and his divine mission. I don't know." Kory attempted to explain. "Sounds like your mother isn't a fan." Kory added.

"My mom's alive.... I could meet my mom." She let out a shaky breath. "We have to go now." she said standing from the couch. "Even if he is telling the truth, this could be a trap, at best we would be marching into an enemy stronghold. you've seen what they can do, no one is going anywhere until we take some time for recon." Dick said. Maeve's facial expression showed sadness – she knew Rachel really wanted to save her mom because she never knew her mom and the reminded Maeve of herself. "What if they move her? They know we have him!" Rachel argued.

"I'm not risking all our lives on his word." Dick argued back there was another brief pause, the room falling into a horrible silence. "I'm sorry." He said.

Rachel looked to Kory. "Tell him he's wrong." She said to the older woman. "I wish I could, you know how I hate to agree with him, but..." Kory started. "All you ever talk about is finding out who you are!" "You think we should go. Right, Gar?" She asked the green haired boy. "Gar?" She asked looking down at the sitting boy, he looked up at her. "I'm sorry Rachel." She looked to Maeve with pleading eyes, tears ready to fall, "Mae?" She asked, her voice cracking a bit. It broke the 18-year-olds heart, but Rachel knew her answer. "I thought you of all people would understand." She said to the blonde, walking away. The blonde's eyes were wide at her choice of words and the tone of her voice. "Maeve?" Dick questioned. looking to her with curious eyes as tears builded up in Maeve's eyes.

She shot up from the sofa and walked passed Garfield to follow Rachel. "Maeve!" Garfield called out for her as she walked away, following her.

She follows Rachel into a glass room that overlooked the street houses, she doesn't even knock, she just walks straight in. "Go away." Maeve closes the door, leaving Garfield who isn't far behind, outside the glass room. "No." She replied.

Garfield knocks on the glass with the classic knocking rhythm. "Go away." The two girls said unison. Rachel still had her back to the blonde who continued to glare at her. "Can I come in? Please." He asked, Rachel turned around to look at Garfield, avoiding Maeve's gaze. "So, you can heal people." Garfield said while he walked in, attempting to break the ice with the tension that Maeve was building up in the room. "Maybe, I think so... like you care." This snapped Maeve out of her state. She took a step forward closer to Rachel.

"We have done nothing but care for you! We are here because we care about you! I am risking my life to keep you alive every moment your in danger." She snapped. "I didn't ask.." "I am not done." Maeve snarled, raising an eyebrow. Stepping closer to Rachel who took a small step back, slightly afraid of the girl. "You used my parents' death to make me feel bad... What person does that! I let Chief, a man who I hate by the way, tell you about what little past I know, because I thought you would keep it to yourself, but right now I would rather have had you tell everyone then use my loss to take pity on you." Rachel looked down, avoiding the fierce blue eyes that belonged to Maeve. Maeve was fuming, she was angry and disappointed in the girl. "I'm sorry." Rachel looked up into the blue eyes, seeing the anger disappear as quick as it appeared. "I just did want you guys to take their side because I thought you would both know what its like to be parentless." She said, her watery eyes flicking between Garfield and Maeve, the anger Maeve once possessed slowly disappearing.