Imagine

A quick collection of moments based on those "imagine your OTP" posts because they're cute and I want to write them but they're usually pretty short.

----

RPOV

I grinned Dimitri helped me off the mat, having just pinned me after a sparring session.

"Awfully happy for someone who just lost." He noted, shoving his hair away from his face.

"It was a good fight," I said, shrugging. He smiled, looking just a little too smug about his victory. I walked up to him and stretched my arms up and over his shoulders as I always did when I wanted him to lean down so I could kiss him.

He rolled his eyes but obliged. And as soon as he did, I grinned and used his position to fling him down onto the mat, grinning victoriously as I stood over him, "And who said being short didn't have its advantages?"

----

DPOV (AU)

My eyes dart to the door for the millionth time tonight. Tasha was supposed to have been here an hour ago and I've been getting sorry, sympathetic looks for just as long. I would have understood if she'd messaged me at any point to let me know she was running late. Maybe even if this had been the first date I would have accepted she stood me up and gone home to cook dinner for myself. But we've been going out for eight months already, which made it all the more frustrating.

I wave off the waitress one more time but it doesn't take much longer for me to give up. I reach for my wallet to give the waitress a tip despite not ordering anything (I've been taking up one of her tables for the past hour, it's the least I can do.) when a body sits in the seat across for mine. I get ready to give Tasha a piece of my mind when I see that this woman is absolutely not Tasha.

"Uh," I stutter as she starts taking off her coat and scarf, stands of hair, wet from the snow, stuck to her beet red cheeks.

She sounds winded as she starts talking, a beautiful voice hitting my ears, "Sorry I'm so late, people have no idea how to drive in this weather. I swear, two inches of snow and people think the speed limit is thirty on the highway."

I'm far too confused to come up with a proper response, but once she settles herself and grabs a menu, she leans forward, "I'm Rose. Looks like you've been stood up. Whoever she is, she's clearly blind."

I keep my voice down as I respond, "Dimitri, and thank you, but this really isn't necessary."

She shrugs as she peruses the menu, "Maybe, but my friend just texted saying her car won't start and she won't be able to make it. Now, I'm already here so I'm getting dinner no matter what. But if I sit down alone then I'm going to be the one getting the pitying looks."

I lean back in my seat, taken back by her blunt yet convincing manner. After a moment I decide that there's not much harm in sharing dinner with this woman and I settle myself back in. I've known what I was planning on ordering for the past hour, but even so, I reach for my menu. As I do Rose grabs my hand, her gaze not leaving the menu.

"Gotta sell the date angle, huh?" She says, her voice low and teasing.

I laugh, "I suppose." I drop my voice as I continue, "I should let you know I have a girlfriend, however."

This gets her to look up from the menu, "Then she's crazy for not being here. I mean, in this weather I hope she's okay and didn't get into an accident or something that kept her from letting you know she was standing you up, but if that's not the case then she's just crazy and you deserve better."

The way she said it made it sound like she was speaking from experience, and I frown, "Who was your failed date?"

She shrugs, "Some asshole named Jesse. Spoiled rich kid thought I was hot a thought that meant I was willing to fuck him before I met him. Balked when there was a nice dinner involved"