Chapter 9: Entering Chicago +18

By: eternityunicorn

They had left the small Maine town in the mid morning and it ended up being early morning the following day by the time they reached their destination. It took nearly twenty-four hours to reach Chicago, Illinois, stopping only for gas a few times along the way. It was incredibly fortunate that neither of them needed to sleep. There were certain perks to not having to rest as often as a human did or else their trip to the city would have taken longer.

Elijah didn't have to stop to feed at any point either, not since Eternity had let him feed from her. In fact, even as they rolled up to the penthouse apartment he kept on hand in the busy Illinois city, he didn't feel the hunger at all. His body remained fully sated, not a bit weary or fatigued.

The luxury penthouse was located on the twenty-sixth floor of a tall glass skyscraper near Chicago's local art institute. It took up the entire floor on one side of the building. It was an open floor studio apartment with a large entryway, before the living space even began. There weren't any interior doors inside the place, except for on the closets, kitchen cabinets, and the two luxurious bathrooms.

The decor was modern with light gray walls, dark wood flooring, and black furnishings. Stainless steel appliances, black granite countertops, dark cherry cabinets, and dome light fixtures adorn the kitchen. Across from the kitchen was a sitting area with a couch and two arm chairs facing each other with a couple lambs on end tables to sit by at night. Straight back was the large platform bed with black silk sheets and four ornate posts, but no canopy this time. Rows of embedded drawers lined the walls on either side of the bed. Between the bed and the kitchen area was a eight seater dinning table and chairs. To the left of bedroom was one of the large sized bathrooms - the other at the front of the penthouse, on the right of the open entryway.

When he brought her up from the parking garage, Elijah found amusement in Eternity due to her high admiration of the place. It wasn't the Victorian style of the manor, but it was still beautiful. She moved around the place with those same wide eyes of awe as before, when he had shown her the Maine house. She was simply so easily impressed. It was adorable.

"By the expression on your lovely face, I'd say you like the place, yes?" Elijah teased with a smirk as he stood by the front door watching her.

"Aye," replied Eternity, as she reached the island in the kitchen. Then, turning gracefully around to face him with her hands clasped behind her delicately, she grinned flirtatiously at him,"You certainly have exquisite taste, Mr. Mikaelson."

His breath caught in his throat at the sight of her. She was a vision. She really was. Elijah felt drawn in to her shining grace, the beauty of the light that was her. His feet carried him toward her in an instant, reaching for Eternity. He was pulling her to him once he had his hands on her.

One arm wrapped around her narrow waist firmly, holding her close to him, while the other cupped the side of her neck. He stared down into her eyes with an intense gaze, mesmerized by the deep blue of her eyes. As he looked there, Elijah swore he could see galaxies in those swirling depths the more he looked into them. They were beautiful.

In the next moment, Elijah was kissing Eternity with everything he had. His tongue dove into her mouth, tasting her sweetness greedily. He felt her grasp hold of him, her small hands clutching the fabric of his jacket sleeves tightly in surprise. Soon though, she was sighing into him mouth, melting against him. Her grip loosened as her hands moved from his arms upward to tangle into his short brown hair, tugging lightly. He moaned pleasurably in respond, his arm tightening around her.

"Elijah," Eternity murmured against his lips, in between kisses.

He grinned, gently forcing her to step backwards until she was against the island counter in the kitchen. Once she was firmly between him and the counter, Elijah reached for one of Eternity's legs, lifting it to curl around his hip. Her long dress bunched deliciously on that one side, revealing the soft skin of her leg to him. He ran his hand upward from knee to her backside, clutching the flesh there in his hand wantonly.