8 : dumb

EtherealEnding
Season 2 at Hershel's Barn
More of angst, and a crap ton of sexual crap. Sorry there is like no fluff.

"You're stupid!"

"Oh look who's talking! How about you shut up for once and listen to me!"

"Please! Like I would listen to some dumbass redneck."

"Well, this redneck saved your ass, bitch."

"Well, this bitch saved your ass twice, dick!"

"What are these two fighting about now?" Glenn looks away from the two, finding Maggie at his side once more today. She sits beside him on the steps of the patio, watching silently as the two argue some yards away.

"Same old, same old," he sighs, looking back at the two. After a minute or so of nonstop bickering, Maggie gets fed up finally, standing up from her seat.

"Okay, I'm making these two get along, whether they like it or not," she growls, walking over to the two. "Enough!" she hollers, making both turn their heads towards her. "We need more medicine and supplies. So, you two are going to the pharmacy."

"But-"

"Nope!"

"What about-"

"Go!" she ends the conversation, pointing towards the cars before walking off. Daryl looks at her, as she looks at him, before he scoffs quietly before walking towards the line of cars. His new partner follows, grumbling colorful words underneath her breath while doing so.

---

She gets out as soon the car is stopped, moving quickly towards the pharmacy.

"Will you slow down?!"

 "No," she answers quickly, pushing through the door and towards the medicine.

"We don't need you dying, so can you wait?!" Daryl exclaims. His words make her stop in her tracks. Looking over her shoulder, she can only shake her head at him, turning around completely at him before speaking.

"You're the one who said I should just go jump in the god damn well. So don't you dare act like you care now." Her tone is flat, but the words are sharp. Daryl can only react by scratching his head, needing a moment to think of a response.

"I didn't-"

"Whatever. Just get whatever products you can here or down the street. I'll look for some pain meds." She hops over the counter, not waiting for an answer.

Daryl allows a moment to pass, guilt forcing his heart to sink from his ribcage to the bottom his gut. He shakes his head quietly, biting his tongue before scavenging the shelves. At some point during his scavenge, his foot kicks something, sounding like the crinkling of paper and plastic. He looks down before picking the item up, finding an open box of condoms. Thoughts move through his mind quickly, wondering who really thought about sex during this time.

"Get anything?" (Y/N)'s voice makes Daryl jolt, dropping the box. He tries to grab it, wanting to hide it. Instead, his foot kicks it farther away, right to the feet of his partner. As soon as she picks it up, Daryl feels the heat rush to his cheeks, looking anywhere but her. "Really?" He looks down at the floor before giving her a quick glance.

"It-It's not-"

"Who you trying to hook up with?" Daryl averts his eyes from his feet, widening at her words.

"What?"

"You have condoms," they shrug. "It's either you want to hook up with someone, or you're just really confident."

"No-- It's not- forget it," Daryl sighs, rubbing his face tiredly.

"Aaaaw," she coos, " little Daryl is all embarrassed." A large smirk forms on her lips, as if liking Daryl's demise.

 "Fuck you," he growls.

 "Well, you're the one who grabbed the condoms," she grins, shaking the box in her hand.

  "Okay, fuck off!" he exclaims, his tongue poking at the inside of his mouth in annoyance.

 "You keep telling me to fuck off and to fuck you. Do you want that to happen or some shit?" she wonders aloud, raising a brow at him. The only response she can get is a look of embarrassment. "So you want to have sex?" she tries to clarify. The roses blossoming on his cheeks is enough of an answer for her. "That's the reason you've been an asshole to me? Because you don't know how to ask me shit?" she scoffs, moving towards Daryl until there's little space between the two.

 "Can we just go?" he asks quietly, forcing his eyes to meet her own.

 "Nah," she chuckles, it coming out airy as a smile ghosts her lips. Daryl can only swallow silently, trying to breathe properly. "Do you want to have sex with me, Daryl?" The words roll off in a way he can't describe. All he knows is that the heat went someplace lower than his stomach, as a surge of confidence runs through him as well. Because of that, he nods his head the slightest, watching as the ghostly smile disappears as she bites her lip, eyeing him up and down. "Then let's do it." With that, she places the box on the shelf beside them before taking her shirt off, starting a new chapter in the unique relationship.