Chapter Sixteen

Layla to the side if you on the computer or at the top if your on mobile.

Chapter Sixteen -

                                    Negative - (1)

Instead, be driven to stay in peace instead of falling to pieces...

D E M A R I E

What the hell is August talking about? Expecting...expecting what? "Expecting, what are you talking about?" I yelled after him "You'll figure it out soon." He disappeared in the crowd. I rolled my eyes, walking over to Zaria and Bria.

Bria smirked. "I seen you and August by they bar."

"Please don't mention him." I say, shaking my head.

"Aw' hell, what happen now?" I tell her what all happened

"Expecting? You pregnant!" Bria yelled. "Right...and when was you gone tell me?" Zaria co-signed.

I scoffed. "I'm not pregnant."

"You sure?"

"Duh, I would know."

"I mean you is getting thicker..." Bria raised an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes. "OMG! I'm not pregnant. Now can we drop this subject?"

They threw they hands up. "Whatever. Let's go have fun. "

Atleast that's what I'm telling myself.

Later that night, somehow I ended up at knocking on Daquan door. I don't know why. Maybe it was the three blunts I smoked. Somehow we ended up in his room, making out. Why? Maybe, it was too get what August said off my mind, I don't know. Somehow I ended up with nothing but undergarments on. Why? Maybe, I need this.

"Your sure you wanna do this?"

I nod. "Yes."

The rest was history.

-

"Layla baby, what you want to do for your birthday?" I was on the way to take her to daycare. Layla birthday was next week and mine was a month after hers. "Can I have a party?" I nod.

"Anything for you baby." I say.

"Can August come?" She says next, making me choke. "Mommy, you okay?" I nod, clearing my throat.

"I-uh have to ask him."

She squealed. "Yay!"

Parking in front of 'Loving Care', the daycare Layla attends and I work at now, I get out the car then help her out the car. I held her hand as we walked inside.

"Hey Layla...Demarie' you gotta work today?" Jazzy asked.  Layla waved. I shook my head no, signing Layla in.

"Bye mommy."

"Bye Lay." I kissed and hugged her before walking out, leaving.

Getting into the car, I start the ignition.  A headache hit me out of nowhere. "Omg..where did that come from." I mumble. Pulling on my seatbelt, I make a quick stop at the store before going home.

When I made it home, Bria was already gone to work. 'Good' I thought to myself. I went straight to my room, throwing my stuff on the bed.

Ten minutes later, I was siting on side of the bathtub debating if I should look at the pregnancy test sitting on the sink. "Ugh, De' just look at it." I tell myself. What August said had me on edge right now, knowing we didn't use protection..

I face-palmed myself.

Finally getting the strength to look at it. I grab it, looking at it. I don't know if I should be happy or sad. It was negative. Happy, because I would've had to deal with August or Sad, because I wanted another baby. I threw the test away in the trashcan, walking out of the bathroom.

-

Thoughts?

Smh Demarie'.

Demarie' not pregnant.

-

Comment. Vote. Comment. Follow. Share. Add to your libraries. Excuse any Mistakes.