105%

Percy's POV:

I can't believe Annabeth would do such a thing, I think, lying in bed that night, staring up at the stars. I almost didn't, until he kissed her until I saw her smiling at him with love. The love I thought was for me when really it was an illusion hiding the truth.

The breeze blows through the palm trees as I close my eyes. The last thing I see is Annabeth hugging herself, crying, on the beach far away.

Annabeth's POV:

I don't sleep all night, my eyes feeling like they're tapped wide open. I continue to stare out at the horizon, watching the sunrise. It is when Connor and Travis wake that they shake me from my trance.

"Annabeth? Are you okay?" They whisper, careful not to wake everyone up.

Pursing my lips, I breathe in. This is Survivor, this is my game. This is what I came for, not for love, not for something I had with Percy. I never should have let myself kiss him, let myself fall into the trance. Rubbing my eyes, I say, "Just had a little fight with Percy."

"About what?" Travis asks, crouching down beside me, eyes searching mine.

"Jason is practically my brother, but Percy didn't know that."

I let the silence hang as they realize. "Oh Annabeth, none of that is your fault though."

Looking down, I say, "I know, I just, I hated seeing the look on Percy's face."

"Come on, we've got a big day ahead of us," Connor helps me up. Travis gathers the breakfast and we all walk to the beach.

Sitting down, Travis asks, "Did you get any sleep?"

"No," I smirk, and they chuckle.

"What're we going to do with you Annabeth?"

I laugh, the feeling seeping warmth into my cold bones. Then Hazel walks up to us and takes a seat beside me. "Morning." She then turns to me, "So, what's up with you and Jason? I thought you and Percy were a thing."

Looking down I explain, then explain what happened with Percy. Hazel looks at me with sympathy, "Oh dear, well, don't you worry. At tribal or around camp, we'll spread the message that you are Jason's sister. Percy will understand then."

"I sure hope so," I tuck my knees into my chest.

"Alright, enough sadness, it's horrible," Connor says, making us all laugh.

The twins then proceed to tell us about funny pranks they have conducted in the past, making me and Hazel almost pee our pants. I lean against her laughing so hard, I feel like my face is on fire. Travis and Connor are laughing too, but mainly at us. When I look up, I get a glimpse of Percy watching us, holding his breakfast in one hand. He turns away and goes to eat with the others. My heart clenches.

"Who's ready for immunity?" Hazel says breathlessly.

I groan, "Is that today?"

"Are you so tired that you can't even compete? What did you do? Stay up all night?' Hazel laughs.

"Yeah," I say.

Hazel covers her mouth, "You stayed up past curfew?"

We all begin to get up, walking back to the camp. "Curfew?" I laugh.

Travis bursts out laughing, "What? There's no curfew!"

Hazel goes red and but grins, "It helps me get enough sleep, unlike some people." She sends me a pointed look.

Laughing, I shrug, "What?! I couldn't sleep!"

"Annabeth not sleeping? Unheard of," Drew shouts on the opposite side of our campsite.